Junior Internal Auditor
Deadline of this Job:
16 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the role
The Junior Internal Audit is tasked with assisting on efficient completion of accurate audit assignments and maintaining levels of auditing quality as prescribed by the audit standards.
The Tugende Junior Internal Auditor will be required to perform the following key activities:
• Collaborate with the IA team in the Internal Audit’s annual risk assessment and enterprise risk assessment and planning process to develop the audit plan in alignment with the risk profile of the organization.
• Ensure the execution of assigned audit engagements/ assignments defined in the audit plan ensuring the highest level of service quality and client satisfaction.
• Provide input for Internal Audit reports ensuring the reports are clear, concise, identify root causes with practical solutions, and ultimately provide value to management.
• Proactively inform the IA team of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention.
• Assist in the process to track, follow-up, and ultimately close all open audit issues in the assigned audit areas.
• Actively participate in team meetings and/or committees to ensure that Internal Audit is well-informed of key business developments that could have an impact on audit priorities and/or plans.
• Ensure that all Internal Audit assignments are performed in accordance with established professional standards and remain abreast of emerging trends and best practices that can be incorporated into the function.
• Assist in conducting fraud investigations and forensic audits when the need arises.
• Ad hoc requests from the IA Manager/ Senior within the audit function.
• Continuous research to enhance the knowledge around auditing techniques, risk management and internal controls.
Note: This job description gives a general guideline, and therefore does not include an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
Preferred skills, knowledge and abilities:
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
• Knowledge of Accounting and Finance Principles and Practices
• Planning and Time Management
• Effective Communication and Human Relations skills
• Critical Thinking and Analysis
• Tenacity and Ethics
• Technology Proficient (excel, word, Visio, ability to learn new software or working tool.
Qualification and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting & Finance or other closely related field.
• Level 2 - Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or ACCA required
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in audit or investigations.
Soft skills that align with Tugende core values:
The preferred candidate must be willing and ready to embrace our shared values at Tugende as a whole:
• We operate with empathy and understanding for everyone (including coach and cheerleader, dignity, highly approachable, and exceptional customer experience; prioritise the customer’s experience)
• We are solutions-oriented (including courage, being proactive, operational excellence, and follow-through and ownership)
• We are always growing (including learning, innovating and striving to improve, meritocracy; provides opportunity based on merit)
• We have integrity in all decisions (including fair / honest, good judgement, critical thinking)
• We work as a team (including being humble, dependable and supportive)
• Professionalism: Maintains professionalism when corresponding with Partners / Investors. In addition, being empathetic and personable when dealing with Tugende stakeholders
• Positive attitude: maintains a mindset of “getting things done” and finding satisfaction in developing sustainable long-term solutions at all times
• Flexible and resilient: Willingness to travel, flexible in schedule and work hours, seek direct feedback and see every challenge as an opportunity to grow
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.