Junior Molecular Biologist
Jobs at:International Potato Center
Deadline of this Job:
14 March 2023
Date Posted: Friday, March 10, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Agrobacterium genetic transformation and selection on appropriate media
• Molecular characterization of transgenic events by PCR, RTq-PCR, Southern blot, sequencing, and bioinformatics
• Perform bio-assays using artificial infection of potato plants with local strains in the biosafety glasshouse and other biosafety approved facilities.
• Plant care in the growth chambers, screen house and glasshouse
• Agrobacterium genetic transformation and selection
• Molecular characterization of transgenic events.
• Conduct bio-assays.
• Final Report.
• Bachelor’s degree in Biotechnology, biology, biochemistry, or plant pathology with strong skills in molecular biology.
• At least 1 year of experience.
• Experience in molecular and phenotypic characterization of transgenic plants preferably roots tubers or banana crops
• Highly proficient in English (both spoken and written).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Go to International Potato Center on cgiar.zohorecruit.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.