Key Accounts Manager
Jobs at:Bayer East Africa
Deadline of this Job:
11th May 2022Duty Station:
Date Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Bayer is a Life Science company with a more than 150-year history and core competencies in the areas of health care and agriculture. With our innovative products, we are contributing to finding solutions to some of the major challenges of our time. Bayer group An analysis by well-known branding agency Interbrand in 2015 valued the Bayer brand at â‚¬6.3 billion. A growing and aging world population requires an adequate supply of food and improved medical care. Our research and development activities are therefore focused on improving people’s quality of life by preventing, alleviating and treating diseases. At the same time, we are making an important contribution to providing a reliable supply of high-quality food, feed and plant-based raw materials. Our understanding of the biochemical processes in living organisms helps us address these demanding challenges. Our goal is to achieve and maintain leadership positions in our markets. In this way we create value for our customers, stockholders and employees, at the same time strengthening the company’s earning power. We are committed to operating sustainably and addressing our social and ethical responsibilities. We also respect the interests of all our stakeholders. Employees with a passion for innovation enjoy excellent development opportunities at Bayer. Bayer’s mission: Science For A Better Life Exclusive Focus on the Life Science Businesses Following the stock market flotation of Covestro, we reorganized the Bayer Group effective January 1, 2016, and are now focusing on our Life Science activities. These businesses hold leading positions in innovation-driven, rapidly growing markets. Together, the Life Science businesses make up a strong, attractive and balanced portfolio that is resistant to fluctuations in demand and to potential risks. Our operations are managed in three divisions - Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Health and Crop Science - and the Animal Health business unit, which are also reporting segments.
This role will be responsible for developing long-term relationships with portfolio of assigned customers, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders.
Lead, coach and develop a team of medical and pharmacy representatives to achieve sales and performance objectives in line with the strategy and in line with all applicable legislation as well as internal company rules.
Liaises between customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of marketing and sales programs according to customer needs.
Drives excellence in sales execution by distributors, representatives and in the trade channel.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
• To drive excellent execution of the sales and marketing strategy in the field. That means:
• Assisting in the development of the annual marketing plan, specifically advising on realistic forecasts for each product and territory and sales promotion program plans.
• Analyzing the business, interpreting business reports, translating analysis and opportunities into action plans and measurable results,
• Applying entrepreneurial mind set and business acumen to understand and manage business results
• Giving feedback to upper management.
• Evaluating medical representatives' performance by setting SMART objectives, conducting regular performance reviews and observing their performance in the field during joint visits.
• To provide coaching to team members to ensure clear direction, applicable skills, tools, medical and technical knowledge to achieve targets while adhering to compliance rules (50% of the time to be allocated to the coaching of the team).
• To build strong relationships and networks with Key Customers, Thought Leaders and stakeholders to develop and execute collaborative solutions that will benefit consumers, HCPs/recommenders and Bayer.
• Focusing on growing and developing existing customers, together with generating new business.
• Ensure the timely and successful delivery of CH marketing and sales
• solutions according to customer needs and objectives
• Communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
• Identify and grow opportunities within territory and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment
• Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed
• Generate sales for a portfolio of accounts and reach the company's sales target
• Identify new sales opportunities within existing accounts to remain
• a client-account manager relationship by up-selling and cross-selling
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
• Bachelor/master’s degree in commerce, finance or any related field
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in sales and/or marketing in the healthcare industry
• Previous experience in Account Management or territory Sales is a plus.
• Strong account management and relationship building skills.
• Display a customer-focused attitude that is key to success.
• Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
• Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
• Good Computer literacy; Experience with CRM systems.
• Readiness to business travel.
• Collaborative, team-oriented, flexible
• Customer focus: Building strong customer relationship and delivering customer-centric solution
• Drives Results: Ensuring accountability and consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances,
• Plans and Aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
• Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
• Builds effective teams: Building strong identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.