Lead, Financial Planning & Analysis, Programs
Deadline of this Job:
20 November 2022
Date Posted: Friday, November 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Lead, FP&A is a key partner to the Head of Finance & Accounting, Africa and the program senior leadership team members accountable for Program financial risk management through financial planning and monitoring, financial analysis for strategic decision-making in programming and provision of critical inputs to enable cash management to fund the Foundation’s operations. This position will be responsible for developing and driving a proactive, collaborative partnership with the Enterprise FP&A teams.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
• Finance Business partner to the Head of Research and the Head of Strategy & Planning within the program team.
• Undertake the full financial cycle management of programming (Research Programs) including, but not limited to, aspects of due diligence, budgeting, contracting, risk management, Continuous financial management and financial controls within the programmatic space.
• Provide them with end-to-end financial support; providing financial information, tools, analysis and insight, enabling more effective & informed decisions and driving strategy.
• Structure, build, and maintain financial and decision-making models to develop meaningful insights and actionable recommendations for the programs portfolio.
• You will also strategically support the decision making on tools and technology to understand how different systems and tools work together to enable data/information of decision making.
• Develop & drive the budgeting cycle for Programs Function and providing analysis and explanation of current and historic performance in collaboration with the enterprise FP&A team.
• Build and maintain a rolling forecast of current and future commitments and disbursements and linkages on how the foundation is tracking towards delivery of strategic objectives.
• Develop dashboards to track key performance metrics and monitor the foundation’s performance as regards the programs portfolio. Provide management with insights into drivers of strategic objectives, as well as risks and opportunities.
• Liaise with Programs teams and Country heads for inputs to aid in consolidation of monthly management reports together with the Enterprise FP&A Team & the Strategy planning teams.
• Collaborate with Accounting and FP&A to optimize and expedite FP&A inputs to the monthly close process.
• Prepare succinct and clear executive presentations (financial information) that simplify complex topics, often with time sensitive deliverables.
• Develop and embed reporting processes & routines together with the FP&A Head/Lead across the program finance teams that enable availability of accurate and timely information for decision support for the programs teams & continuously identify opportunities for improvement.
• Integrate impact measurement into forecasting and reporting processes.
• Power BI Report development and building analysis Services reporting models.
• Power BI capability will focus on converting partner reporting requirements into user friendly, storytelling reports & dashboards.
• Developing visual reports, KPI scorecards, and dashboards using Power BI desktop.
• Analytical thinking for translating data into informative reports and visuals. Connecting data sources, importing data, and transforming data for Business intelligence.
• Together with the Enterprise FP&A Head/Lead share industry knowledge and expertise with the finance team & other teams to build capability & elevate financial management literacy as needed.
• Develop partnership with stakeholders throughout organization and take on other tasks as maybe required from time to time.
WHO YOU ARE
• 12+ years of experience in a highly quantitative role, with rigorous forecast and analytics reporting accountability.
• A minimum of 5 years in a supervisory capacity.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or related field.
• Experience in a similar role within a large global organization would be an added advantage.
• Advanced experience in financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting, profit and loss management and analysis.
• Experience in the use of analysis tools such as Power BI, to distil complex issues into simple models and decision-making frameworks.
• Proactive in seeking solutions and better ways of working with proven ability to in building and improving process.
• Ability to present financial information to a Board level audience and to non-financial business partners.
• Good working knowledge of financial accounting & reporting controls.
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills and Microsoft office skills.
• Good Judgement, strong commercial acumen & analytical skills, with great attention to detail.
• High level of accountability.
• Ability to build positive business relationships and work collaboratively.
• French language and/or local language skills are an asset.
• Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities and an ability to prioritize, work and deliver to tight deadlines.
• Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
• Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
• Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to https://boards.greenhouse.io/mastercardfoundation/jobs/6470489002? to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.