Lead Internal Auditor
Jobs at:International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Deadline of this Job:
20 October 2022
Date Posted: Friday, September 30, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Lead Internal Auditor
Purpose of the position
Support the Head of the Internal Audit unit in the discharge of their duties as set out in Article 50 of the ICRC Internal Regulations. Evaluate the relevance, effectiveness and efficiency of ICRC’s governance, risk-management and control processes at headquarters and in delegations.
• Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
• Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
• Understands and adheres to the IIA code of ethics and other elements of the IPPF
• Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
• Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
• Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
• Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
• Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
• May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description
Main duties and responsibilities
As a member of the team, you will be called upon to perform the following tasks:
• Conduct audits in ICRC delegations in all regions.
• the ICRC’s governance, risk management, and internal control system;
• the ICRC’s compliance with laws, regulations, strategies, policies, and procedures in place;
• whether the ICRC’s resources are used in an effective and efficient manner and are protected adequately;
• the ICRC’s strategies and operations.
• Write audit reports and communicate results and recommendations.
• Contribute to the thinking and strategies of the Internal Audit and to other audit engagements.
• Maintain high-quality work standards and remain up to date with the evolution of standards and practices.
• May coordinate a small team (up to three persons) in the conduct of audit assignments in complex environments.
• 40-50% travel time expected: The field visit component of delegation audits usually represents 3 consecutive weeks at a time. The auditor will be expected to carry out at least 4 audits per year.
• Help setup the new Internal Audit hub in Naïobi, including recruitment of resident colleagues (this is a mobile position to support the creation of the Naïrobi hub, for 2 years (with a possible 1 year extension if required). It will then become a resident position.
• Support the onboarding (coach and brief) of the resident Lead Internal Auditors, to be also recruited in Nairobi)
• Is aware of the Institution’s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other contacts relevant to the position
• Collects and shares information so as to improve Internal Audit’s understanding of the environment and humanitarian trends and responses
• Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings at HQ and in the field, and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC’s and the Internal Audit’s image
• Takes responsibility for their own professional learning and development, specifically in internal audit related matters
Scope & Impact
Geographic remit: global.
• The impact of the role is underpinned by the Internal Audit Charter and Regulations.
• Internally, interacts with all ICRC structures and departments, the Directorate, Assembly, Assembly Council, Audit Commission and President.
• Externally, interacts with external auditors, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, government authorities, external suppliers, consultants and non-governmental organizations.
Education and experience required
• Advanced university degree
• 12-15 years ICRC field/HQ experience: programs (Assistance, Protection, Prevention) or red line management or support services.
• Professional certification in audit-related areas (CIA, CRMA, CISA…) is an asset.
• Excellent command of English, with at least one additional language (French and Spanish preferable, while other ICRC languages would be an asset (Arabic, Russian).
• Proficiency in some of the following areas would be an asset: internal/external audit, risk management, digital transformation, project management.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 144
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) on careers.icrc.org to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.