Lead Regional Technical Specialist (Rural Finance)
Jobs at:International Fund for Agricultural Development
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, July 02 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 14 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Profile Requirements
• Building relationships and partnerships - Builds and maintains strategic partnerships internally and externally
• Communicating and negotiating - Acquires & uses a wide range of communication styles & skills
• Demonstrating leadership - Leads by example; initiates and supports change
• Focusing on clients - Contributes to a client-focused culture
• Learning, sharing knowledge and innovating - Challenges, innovates & contributes to learning culture
• Managing performance and developing staff - Manages wider teams with greater impact on others and on the organization
• Managing time, resources and information - Coordinates wider use of time, information and/or resources
• Problem-solving and decision-making - Solves complex problems and makes decisions that have wider corporate impact
• Strategic thinking and organizational development - Staff in management and/or strategic leadership roles
• Team working - Fosters a cohesive team environment
• Level - Advanced university degree from an accredited institution listed on https://www.whed.net/home.php in a job related field (*):
• Areas – Finance, Business administration, Agriculture economics, etc.
Note: For internal candidates, this requirement will be assessed in line with the provisions set forth in the IFAD’s Human Resources Implementing Procedures.
• At least ten (10) years of progressively responsible professional experience in and demonstrated understanding of, development investment projects and interventions in the field of rural finance, particularly in the formulation of technical guidance and input to promote inclusive and sustainable rural financial services, catalysing private sector finance and investment into rural areas through the use of relevant rural financial mechanisms.
• Three (3) years in a multi-cultural organization or national organization providing support on a global scope.
• Position-specific experience: Proven experience in the design and coordination of inclusive and sustainable rural finance projects leveraging on innovative solutions to emerging issues, including the use of digital/ICT solutions, working with the private sector and developing value chain financing instruments/initiatives, blending various sources of finance and instruments to promote, among others, climate finance and other forms of collaborations with the private sector. Experience in international policy frameworks related to global issues for rural finance is an asset.
• Required English (4 – Excellent)
• Desirable: French, Spanish and/or Arabic (3 – Good)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to International Fund for Agricultural Development on job.ifad.org to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.