Deadline of this Job:
13 June 2022
Date Posted: Monday, May 30, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Key Objectives / Measures
• Provision of quality legal support and representing Corporate interests
• Internal Customer satisfaction
• Close liaison with Deal Management organization
• Independent handling of major tasks, business and improvement projects
• Implementing and providing training on legal policies and business practices
• Measured by Corporate performance standards.
• RFPs and contracts reviews.
• Providing all required assistance to the Legal Senior Manager in Kenya as well as to the Legal Managing Counsel in Nigeria
• Provide transactional support to the business, including drafting, vetting and negotiating major/non-standard agreements.
• Respond to adhoc queries, providing appropriate solutions.
• Negotiate commercial contracts and drafting non-standard contractual provisions.
• Identify, analyze and evaluate risks, explaining to the business and proposing solutions.
• Ensure compliance with Oracle business practices, policies, procedures and law.Provide training to other Oracle functions on legal policy and business practices.
• Participate in EMEA-wide initiatives as required
• Develop understanding of Oracle´s products and services
• Corporate housekeeping / company secretarial duties
• Perform all other tasks that are appropriate for and required by an in-house company lawyer and as required by the Manager;
• Superior written and oral communication skills (in English) with an ability to communicate and influence effectively at all evels of the organization
• High-level legal drafting skills (English)
• Integrity and commitment to the highest ethical standards and personal values
• Commercial negotiation experience, ideally in the IT or other hi-tech industry
• Experience in license/Cloud/partnership agreements, general commercial law, RFP’s, general corporate matters, and intellectual property, are strongly preferred
• Practical and creative thinking and problem solving
• Commercial outlook with excellent judgement and the capacity to make decisions and give advice that demonstrates an understanding of the risk/rewards of each situation
• Ability to perform under pressure
• Willingness to travel in Kenya and abroad as required
• Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
• Basic computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Minimum job requirements
• Law degree and professional qualification. 3-5 years and above relevant experience.
• Experience as in-house counsel is a plus
• Previous experience in industry preferred.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.