Legal Services Manager
Deadline of this Job:
10 June 2022
Date Posted: Friday, May 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Specifically, you will:
• Provide day to day legal and regulatory support to the functional areas covering general compliance queries and reviews.
• Follow up on cases filed against the Company and providing legal advice on matters affecting the company.
• Prepare and update matters-arising matrix to monitor implementation of Board and Senior Management decisions.
• Keep abreast with the legislative environment that have an impact on the Company's operations.
• Participate in drawing and vetting of contracts, leases, and other legal instruments.
• Participate in negotiations of treaties and contracts between the Company and other parties.
• Prepare Legal opinions and legal interpretations on various matters as required including interpretation of court and arbitral rulings affecting the Company.
• Carry out legal audits for compliance, and monitoring compliance with legal and statutory requirements of the Company.
• Ensure compliance to the Company Policies, Regulations, Standards and Procedures to enhance operational efficiency.
• Provide legal advice and support for Human Capital and employment matters.
• Oversight over the registration, protection/enforcement and monitoring the use of intellectual property.
• Liaise with the Company Secretary to ensure full compliance with all Company Secretarial requirements.
• Assist in undertaking of Company Secretarial services and providing administrative support to the Board and Senior Management.
• Own and monitor the legal services budget, ensuring efficient legal operations are carried out within the approved budget.
• Participate in procurement processes.
• Coach, mentor, and develop staff using relevant human resource tools.
• You have a Bachelors Degree in Law from a recognised institution.
• You have a Postgraduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law.
• You have at least 5 years of experience, 2 of which have been in a management position in a large, transaction driven organization.
• Certified PubIic Secretary (K) qualification is an added advantage
• You have in depth knowledge of the Law of Kenya.
• You are results oriented with key demonstrated achievements in managing corporate legal matters.
• You are computer literate with working knowledge of major accounting software programmes.
• You have experience in legal budget development.
• You can embrace changing market dynamics.
• You are a team leader and player with excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
• You have high level of integrity.
• You have an entrepreneurial spirit.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.