Local Urban Economy and Finance Consultant
Deadline of this Job:
12 August 2022
Date Posted: Friday, August 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall the overall supervision of the Chief of the Planning, Finance and Economy Section and the day-to-day supervision of the Head of Urban Lab, the consultant will be responsible for the following duties:
• Provide guidance and support to the municipal finance and budgetary assessment at the national and city levels to understand investment patterns.
• Analyze financial capacity of the government including both municipal fiscal and financial management capacity.
• Provide technical support in stakeholders mapping for infrastructure investments.
• Collect data in consultation with authorities to develop a list of ongoing and proposed infrastructure projects, including the cost estimates and stakeholders involved.
• Consult with the government authorities and financing institutions.
• Provide technical support to develop localized criteria by which to prioritize investment.
• Develop cost estimates for prioritized investments and validate it with the relevant stakeholders.
• Develop "investment cards" for the prioritized investments showing indicative costs, benefits, location, context, rational for investment and validating them with relevant stakeholders.
• Review project outputs and provide technical recommendations related to Capital Investment Planning.
• Provide technical advice for the development of the capacity-building activities and thematic learnings to build the capacity of city authorities.
• Facilitate communication between stakeholders and overcome potential linguistic barriers.
• Translate key documents in English and Tajik.
• Safeguard the cross-cutting issues that are considered in each project: Climate Change, Gender Equality, Human Rights, Youth, Children and Elderly Persons, and Disability.
• A minimum advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in urban development, urban economics, economics, or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with 2 years of experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in urban planning and urban infrastructure project structuring and finance, including knowledge of local, national, and international financial sources available is required.
• Experience working with government entities and/or international organizations is desirable
• Experience with local finance and in dealing with international cooperation agencies will be considered and added advantage.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this consultancy, fluency in oral and written English and Tajik is required. . Knowledge of the Russian language will be an asset
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.