M&E Advisor, Ultra Poor Graduation Initiative
Deadline of this Job:
11 June 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
M&E Advisor, Ultra Poor Graduation Initiative
The M&E Advisor(s) will be responsible for the day to day management of the collection, analysis, and sharing of monitoring and evaluation data to support and contribute to UPGI’s efforts to dynamically scale proven graduation approaches through government systems. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Contribute to MEL system design and development through the identification/ design of processes, methodologies and tools for planning, monitoring, evaluation, learning, accountability and reporting;
• The day-to-day management of the monitoring activities and collection of output and outcome level data on UPGI’s key performance indicators (KPIs), including but not limited to tracking progress and results of UPGI’s technical assistance, advocacy, and capacity building efforts in country; tracking changes in UPGI’s access and influence with key stakeholders in particular policy arenas; scope, scale and adherence/ quality of government run Graduation programs in line with strategic ambitions, etc.
• Ensure that all monitoring data collection processes, methodologies and tools are gender sensitive and capture gender transformative changes;
• Support and help to organise the collection of success stories, case studies and products (e.g. photos and videos) of activities for learning, communications, and knowledge management.
• Contribute to and support to the design and facilitation of regular strategy testing and portfolio sensemaking workshops at country and at programme level, including the analysis and synthesis of insights and action points
• Test and support the internal co-creation and collaboration of innovative data collection, analysis, and monitoring tools and processes (incl digital solutions and platforms such as but not limited to dashboard using Google Site or Data Studio).
• Network with external and internal partners to exchange MEL experiences and to bring innovative ideas into the MEL system of the programme
• Contribute / support / lead on the synthesis and reporting of results which feed into the annual report and other reporting / learning required by the programme
• Perform related duties as assigned
• Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation.
• Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
• Candidates for the position of M&E Advisor with the Ultra-Poor Graduation Initiative should have a deep commitment toward international development and the eradication of extreme poverty, and the following :
• Graduate qualification in a relevant field, with specialized training in monitoring and evaluation, or a combined professional qualification and sound experience
• Knowledge of the key principles and debates around adaptive development and programming
• At least 5 years of direct, “hands-on” working experience in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation activities for ‘hard to measure’ development outcomes, ideally for interventions working to influence systems changes;
• Experience in gathering, analyzing, and presenting quantitative and qualitative data;
• Excellent communication and writing skills, able to synthesize information from various sources and produce high-quality reports/papers;
• Experience with recruiting and training partners and staff on developing and maintaining the high-quality standard of MEL systems and processes
• Ability to work effectively with others to achieve results, with strong advisory and facilitation skills, and experience in training and coaching teams and individuals.
• Experience and track records in documenting and communicating project’s stories of change and learnings
• Experience with the design and development of digital platforms and processes for data collection, analysis, and visualisation (e.g. Google Forms, Google Site, Google Data Studio, etc.)
• Ability to manage complex workloads without too much supervision and deliver work to tight deadlines
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with a collegiate approach to teamwork and team members and a commitment to advancing Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) principles
• Familiarity with economic inclusion programmes
• Experience designing and implementing MEL of advocacy, technical assistance and/ or research uptake interventions
• Experience with MEL for adaptive management
• Experience working in international NGOs and other development agencies and working in partnerships.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.