Jobs at:National Council for Population and Development
Deadline of this Job:
18 October 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ADVERT NO 007/2022
The jobholder is responsible for facilitating financial operations in the Finance and Accounts Division
Duties and Responsibilities
• Participates in monitoring expenditure against budget.
• Updates and maintains Council’s general ledger accounts.
• Prepares and posts monthly journal entries.
• Prepares payments, imprest warrants and claim vouchers.
• Verifies the payment supporting documents for accuracy and completeness.
• Undertakes monthly closings and prepares draft quarterly and annual reports
• Participates in payroll payment processing
• Performs monthly expense variance analysis
• Prepares statutory remittances and withholding tax payments
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have at least the following qualifications:-
• Served at the level of Administrative Assistant for at least two (2) years.
• Be in possession of at least CPA part II or its acceptable equivalent i.e. ACCA or CIMA.
• Must be computer literate. Working knowledge of Ms Excel will be an added advantage.
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants who meet the above requirements should send their application letter together with detailed CV indicating three (3) names of references, current position/grade and day- time telephone numbers, copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and a copy of National Identity Card/Passport.
The Director General,
National Council for Population and Development
P. O. Box 48994-00100
Chancery Building 4th Floor
NAIROBI – KENYA
• Or send soft copies to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5:00 pm (East African Time) on 18th October, 2022.
• Only one application method should be used. Either via email or hard copy.
• Hand delivered applications can be delivered to National Council for Population and Development
• Head Office situated at the Chancery Building, 4th floor, Valley Road. Please note that only shortlisted
• candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
• Note 2: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to auto- matic disqualification.
• Note 3: Successful candidates after interviews will be required to obtain the following documents:
• Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
• Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• Clearance Certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau (CRB
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.