Manager, Banking Applications
Deadline of this Job:
20 January 2023
Date Posted: Friday, January 06, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The key responsibilities include but not limited to the following-
• Working within the global IT team and with service partners, lead successful implementations of BI’s core banking applications – Temenos R20 banking system with Financial Crime Mitigation, data analytics and reporting system, financial consolidation platform, and digital financial services solutions - at Country offices by (1) providing technical direction in all migration to the BIHBV Temenos Model Bank (2) working with country IT managers to ensure the establishment of published standards, policies, and procedures for maintaining the integrity of the Model Bank
• Ensure effective technical and user support for core application– system maintenance, product specification and documentation of system changes, development of management reports, management of an efficient test environment
• Ensure security of business data within core applications
• Coordinate end-user training for core applications with IT Service Manager and country IT managers
• Lead the implementation and testing procedures to ensure that newly released software produce the expected results for the business operations.
• Apply strict change control measures in any customizations required by the country offices.
• Establish and enforce core applications system backup, recovery, and data retention criteria.
• Relate well with BI strategic service partners to resolve complex technical problems
• Document recovery procedures and security settings for applications for the purposes of disaster recovery and user security.
• Encourage teamwork and the sharing of best practice amongst all staff.
• Work with Service partners and other IT staff to achieve timely resolution of core application issues
• Keep in line with the trend in the market, advise management on market development (e.g., Temenos development roadmap and current developments in microfinance and banking industry)
• Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
• Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Other Responsibilities :
• Develop and maintain own knowledge, expertise, and professionalism.
• Keep abreast of current developments in microfinance and IT industry.
• Remain current with organization’s technological requirements and new developments in the industry.
• Meet personal training and development needs through relevant professional and commercial training and networking.
• At least Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science or Information technology.
• Professional certification in ITIL Foundation and Microsoft SQL Server is a plus.
Skills and Competencies Requirements:
• Good knowledge of TCPIP communication protocol
• Wide knowledge of and advanced skills in computer hardware and software programs of diverse functionality. Including but not limited to, communications systems, desktop applications, and network administration programs.
• Significant experience in supporting Microsoft SQL server database
• Application development skills especially in Java, Visual Basic and/or C++ a plus
• Experience with integration technologies such as Apache ActiveMQ, Rest APIs will be an advantage
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence; speak clearly to third parties and employees.
• Able and willing to solve complex analytical challenges, independently analyze information; and make recommendations based on analysis.
• Self-motivated team player with the ability to adapt and work co-operatively and effectively in different situations and teams to carry out assigned tasks.
• Disposition to share knowledge fully and willingly with other employees in the interest of the organization.
• Commitment to the BRAC International mission, core values the ability to incorporate the mission and values in the workplace.
• Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
• At least 6 years’ experience supporting Temenos core banking systems in medium to large organizations
• at least 4 years of advanced Microsoft SQL database management experience
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
• External candidates need to email their CV with a brief introductory letter indicating current and expected salary at email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.