Manager, Cost Proposal-Finance
Jobs at:African Wildlife Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• As a part of the proposal development team supporting PD and Development in very close collaboration with the finance and program/field teams, conducts the full range of activities required to research, prepare and submit cost proposals in order to secure funding.
• Work under the leadership of “account managers” and “proposal process managers” on the PD and Development teams, leading budget components of project designs:
• Serve as the main point of contact for cost related matters on proposals and budget modifications;
• Work with team leads from PD/Development, finance and programs, developing professional and competitive cost proposals and budget narratives;
• Provide guidance on various elements of costs, template and budget notes to support cost proposals;
• Provide direction and instructions to partners for the development of sub-award/grantee budgets for inclusion in AWF led bids; and provide high quality review and feedback on their proposal budgets;
• Put together designated sections of proposal packages, such as organizational background, certifications and representations, qualifications summaries and past performance;
• Assist in executing proposal development team meetings, including agenda development, meeting facilitation, documentation, and follow-up items;
• Liaise with program account managers and fundraising account managers with PD and Development to support proposal development and cultivation activities as needed;
• Support pro gram staff with developing cost-related responses to post submission questions.
Strategic Budget Planning (30%)
• Work closely with the Director of Finance:
• Develop budget frameworks for pipeline and Campaign priorities in close collaboration with the Director of Program Design and the SVP of Development and Public Engagement;
• Work with country and landscape leads to develop aspirational proposals that can be tailored to specific opportunities as needed;
• Develop and standardize internal budgeting/costing processes for cost proposals;
• Create and update budget templates and tools for efficient and effective cost proposal development, compliant to donor requirements; train stakeholders how to use and to interpret the templates and tools
• Develop and update a database for cost figures relevant for AWF offices and landscape/field programs for easy utilization during project budgeting;
• Liaise with Human Resources department on costs of employment for staff and keep track of existing and projected level of efforts of staff for proposal budgeting purposes;
• Prepare funding gap analysis report for both personnel, office, core and programmatic funding gaps;
• Track and analyze financial data on the existing programs to inform new calls for proposals and ensure value for money.
Project Grant Management and Compliance (10%)
Working closely with AWF’s grants management team, ensure that programs understand grant agreement and contract requirements and have the capacity to implement in compliance with those regulations and that any required changes to donor funded projects are escalated to account managers as needed. These functions include, but are not limited to:
• Lead the processing of grants in coordination with project managers and PD and Development “account managers”, Finance and Program/Country teams.
• Work closely with project managers, PD, Grant Management, Development, Finance, Administration, and Program teams to help them ensure compliance and that contractual obligations to donors are met during implementation and reporting:
• Preparing key items to be discussed in Kick-off/inception and project review/evaluation meetings;
• Support regular grants management meetings occur for all large projects;
• Strengthening the capacity of project managers, program, finance, and administrative staff to understand and comply with donor agreements;
• Review donor contracts and support in capacity building and development of donor reference guides for use by the program teams, ensuring adequate flow down of donor requirements to partners;
• Support/input in due diligence and downstream partner assessment in accordance with AWF requirements.
• Input into budget modification elements of negotiations necessary with donors during implementation and reporting.
• Provide PD and Development input to financial reports and secures finance input into technical reports to public donors.
• Assist program teams in completing budget realignments and other financial modifications as necessary.
• Ensure AWF’s accounts on donor portals are up to date.
• Master’s degree and experience in finance, economics, accounting, business or other relevant field.
• Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience.
• Experience managing a team, preferred
• Certification such as CGMA, CPA or other related certifications
• Experience with major public donor agencies such as USAID, EU, the GEF or Germany.
• Excellent budgeting skills are a must, including the ability to work with technical leads to build accurate cost proposals.
• Must possess database management skills.
• Must possess strong skills in Microsoft Excel.
• Must be proficient in research, interpreting, and analyzing diverse data and processes.
• Must possess the ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals.
• Must be highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up process.
• Must possess strong analytical skills.
• Must pay attention to detail.
• Must have the ability to meet deadlines.
• Fluency in written and spoken English is required. French and/or German language skills are desired.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to African Wildlife Foundation on recruiting.ultipro.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.