Manager, Finance & Accounts
Jobs at:Konza Technopolis Development Authority
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, July 04 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 13 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ref No: KoTDA/HR58/2023
Managerial/ Supervisory Responsibilities
• Oversees formulation, implementation, maintenance and review of sound financial policy, systems and procedures in compliance with the Constitution of Kenya 2010, Public Finance Management (PFM) Act 2012 and other relevant legal frameworks to enhance accountability and transparency.
• Leads in preparation of medium-term expenditure and revenues estimates of the Authority in conformity with the strategic plan and the national treasury guidelines and formulation of the annual budget of over Kshs.17 Billion to enhance planning, control and appropriate financing of the Authority’s operations.
• Oversee formulation of smart Innovative financing strategies and financial incentives for developers and businesses and advise management on financial planning strategies.
• Ensure sound corporate governance by identifying risks and developing and implementing proper financial controls in order to minimize those risks.
• Coordinating and leading the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and management and assessing any changes necessary from Audit recommendation.
• Providing leadership and professional advice on all financial strategic planning issues and supporting strategic initiatives to ensure that adequate resources are assigned for execution of the Authority’s strategy.
• Overseeing the reporting of financial operations of the institution Authority in accordance with the Public Finance Management (PFM) Act 2012, International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) to ensure compliance.
• Overseeing the Development, implementation and strengthening of internal controls for operational effectiveness of the Authority
• Lead in development of Public Private Partnership program and smart resource mobilization strategies of the Authority;
• Driving cashflow forecasting to ensure tracking of the expected cash movements over a period of time in the future and to ensure adequacy of financial resources;
• Manage all financial relationships with both local and international development partners for project financing.
• Management of the Authority’s assets worth over Kshs.70 Billion to ensure achievement of value for money in acquiring, utilization and disposal of the assets.
• Provide leadership, development and coaching to staff in the finance and accounts division.
• Lead in ensuring prudent and optimal utilization of the Authority funds by authorizing authentic transactions to be processed.
• Manage proper records of financial transactions including Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems to ensure integrity of the information.
• Planning and determining cash flow needs, forecast and establish cash flow trends of the Authority to inform investment and Capital expenditure decision.
• Approve the chart of accounts and maintain commitment controls by monitoring and evaluating funds applications and accountability within the Authority.
• Ensure efficient revenue collection, disbursement, accounting and reportingEnsuring compliance with applicable legal and statutory requirements for financial, tax and other requirements to minimize losses, interests and penalties and Interpreting government accounting policy and applying it in all operations of the Authority
• Oversee preparation of the Quarterly and Final Annual Statement of Accounts in accordance with accounting standards and procedures;
• Respond to auditors’ comments concerning finances and operations and oversee required action to address deficiencies.
• Conducting performance appraisals and performance management to staff and recommending appropriate training for the staff; and
• Ensuring that opportunities and risks are fully considered, and decisions aligned with the overall financial strategy.
• Preparation and management of over 17 Billion of budgets annually.
• Payment processing and approvals
• Safeguarding the Authority Finances and Asset portfolio of over 70 Billion
• Ensuring customer billing and revenues are collected and accounted for
• Submission of budget, financial reports and performance reports to the management for recommendation
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have: -
• A Minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience and at least three (3) in a management role in the Public Service or Private Sector
• Master’s Degree in any of the following: Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
• Bachelor’s Degree in either Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Association of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA)
• Membership in good standing of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or any other recognized professional body
• Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
• Proficiency in computer applications
• Demonstrated results in work performance and
• Meets the provisions of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.