Manager, Finance and Accounts
Jobs at:Export Processing Zones Authority (EPZA)
Deadline of this Job:
13 June 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Manager, Finance and Accounts
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
1. Providing advisory services on all financial and accounting matters to the Authority;
2. Ensuring proper interpretation and implementation of financial regulations and procedures, Treasury circulars, letters and instructions;
3. Liaise with other Departments so as to ensure that financial and related regulations are complied with and where applicable give procedural guidance on treasury circulars, letters and instructions;
4. Coordinate the preparation of the Authority’s annual work plans and budgets
5. Developing supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls established through normal Treasury regulations and procedures;
6. Preparation of Authority’s annual budget by consolidation of all departmental budgets as per Government Policy and presentation to the Board for approval;
7. Ensuring provision of quality and timely accounting services;
8. Develop and implement budget and expenditure controls so as to ensure that financial expenditure is planned, controlled and properly authorized
9. Authorizing payments and signing cheques;
10. Monitoring expenditure on projects and programme implementation on a periodic basis and ensuring that timely corrective measures are taken;
11. Mentor, train and appraise staff;
12. Ensure that payments to suppliers are made on a timely and accurate basis and creditors’ accounts reconciled;
13. Coordinating the design and financial aspect for all donors and agreements with donor agencies; and
14. Ensuring all statutory reports are prepared as per the required law
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
1. Prepare general ledger entries and reconciliations for month-end closure.
2. Analyze financial data on a monthly basis and report on variances.
3. Prepare draft monthly, quarterly and annual accounting reports of expenditure and cash flow management and review monthly expenditure statements and variance analysis.
4. Prepare financial statements, footnotes and supplemental information and coordination of audits.
5. Checking and recommending payments – verifying payment vouchers in accordance with laid down rules and principles and determine aggregate expenditure
6. Controlling of expenditure and below-the-line (BTL) Authority’s accounts;
7. Provide operational support on expenditure management to include short term action plans and expenditure scheduling.
8. Manage fixed asset process, policy and procedure.
• Develop budgets.
• Approval of expenditure.
Responsibility for Physical Assets
• Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution;
• Provide oversight for all directorate/ departmental/divisional/ physical assets
Decision Making / Job Influence
• Plans and assign work to subordinates.
• Monitor subordinates work performance.
• Appraise/evaluate subordinates performance.
Works largely in an office environment with occasional travel
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
1. Masters degree in any of the following fields:- Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
2. Bachelors degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Business Administration (Accounting option), or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
1. Have Certified Public Accountant (CPA)K, Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
2. Attended Leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
3. Membership of ICPAK or relevant professional body;
4. Computer proficiency course from a recognized institution and
5. Meets the provisions of chapter six of the constitution
Previous relevant work experience required.
• Have nine (9) years relevant experience with atleast three (3) years served in the grade of Assistant Manager Finance and Accounts or comparable position in the Public Service or large and reputable organization
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates who had applied for the above stated positions are encouraged to re-apply. Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence using the Job Application Form and clearly indicate the Job Reference Number on the Job Application Form. The form can be downloaded by Clicking the link below
Candidates should attach a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and national identity card and indicate the job title and reference number on the envelope. Applications should be submitted physically through the Office of the Chief Executive Officer and addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer,
Export Processing Zones Authority,
Administration Building, Viwanda Road, Off Nairobi-Namanga Road, Athi River,
P.O Box 50563-00200, NAIROBI.
All applications should be received not later than Monday, 13th June, 2022 at 5.00 p.m. East Africa Time.
Interested and qualified? Go to Export Processing Zones Authority (EPZA) on view.officeapps.live.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.