Manager, Finance and Accounts
Jobs at:Kenya Water Institute (KEWI)
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, May 17 2023
Date Posted:Wednesday, May 17 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ADVERT NO. EXT/ 4/04/2023
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
• Ensuring expenditure controls and payments;
• Maintaining an up to date books of accounts;
• Maintaining asset register;
• Preparing all financial reconciliations;
• Assisting in the preparation of management accounts;
• Preparing financial reports;
• Reviewing expenditure returns from the county and departments;
• Preparing budgets;
• Accounting for funds disbursed to the Institute;
• Preparing management and statutory reports including final accounts;
• Assisting in the development of supplementary financial regulations andprocedures to enhance internal controls established through Treasury regulations and procedures;
• Ensuring compliance with the National Treasury regulations and procedures;
• Authorizing payments and signing of cheques subject to set limits;
• Supervising, training and development of accounts staff;
• Setting targets for the accounts staff and evaluating achievements.
For appointment to this scale, a candidate must meet the following requirements:
• Served in the scale of Principal Accountant, KW4 or a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for a minimum period of four (4) years;
• Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), have passed Part III of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its recognized equivalent from a recognized Institution;
• Have a Master’s degree in any of the following: Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or their equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
• Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Be registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and Registration of Accountants Board (RAB);
• Have demonstrated professional competence in Accounts work as reflected in work performance and results;
• Have a clear understanding of the Mandate of KEWI and the role of finance andaccounts work in achievement of the same.
• Certificate in computer applications;
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
• Fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the requirements should submit soft copies of their application(s) with detailed CV and testimonials to the Institute’s email address: email@example.com and hard copies to be sent or hand-delivered to KEWI Headquarters – along Ole Shapara Avenue South C, Nairobi by 17th May, 2023.
The applications for positions should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Water Institute
P.O Box 60013-00200
In addition to the above indicated requirements, applicants will be required to meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity.
The following clearances will be required from successful candidates upon offer of job and not at the application stage.
• Certificate of Good Conduct;
• Clearance from the Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission;
• Certificate of Compliance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
• Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax Compliance Clearance; and
• Certificate of Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
KEWI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons; including Women, Persons with Disability and persons from Minority groups to apply. Only successful candidates shall be contacted for interviews.
THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
KENYA WATER INSTITUTE
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.