Jobs at:The Office of the Auditor-General
Deadline of this Job:
05 May 2023
Date Posted: Friday, April 21, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide information for budget justification at the National Treasury, National Assembly and other stakeholders;
• Carry out periodic budget review for the purpose of reallocation and preparation of supplementary budget;
• Review vouchers and supporting documents from vendors to verify accuracy for payments;
• Reconcile payment vouchers and transactions processed through internet banking;
• Update and maintain the weekly vote book status report for the Office;
• Lead annual budgets and forecast processes by coordinating inputs from across the office;
• Review and process approved imprest requests presented by user departments;
• Prepare monthly management reports;
• Prepare regular cash flow analysis for the Office;
• Monitor the individual staff performance in line with quality standards and timelines to ensure achievement of Directorate objectives;
• Ensure adherence to the code of conduct by the staff to maintain quality standards and integrity during their work;
• Coach and mentor staff members within the Directorate to enhance work performance as set out in the appraisal schemes.
Requirements for Appointment
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Economics or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university;
• Part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA-K) qualification or its recognized and equivalent qualification;
• Master’s degree in any of the following: Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Strategic Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
• Senior Management Course or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
• Registered member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or any other relevant professional body of good standing;
• At least 9 years of practical experience in Finance management preferably in a public organization, three (3) of which must have been at the level of a Finance Officer or its equivalent and comparable position.
• Budget Management - Knowledge of the analysis, organization and oversight of costs and expenditures by adhering to strict internal protocols on expenditures to ensure a well- managed budget that allows for continued smooth operations and growth within the Office. Mobilizing and lobbing of resources for funds and review of the process.
• Expenditure - Knowledge of the management, disbursement and consumption of funds and guarding against unnecessary expenditure for the organization. Ensuring that the appropriate laws, regulations and guidelines are followed.
• Financial Reporting - Knowledge of the process of producing statements that disclose the Office’s financial status to the DAG/AG, relevant stakeholders and the government.
• Public Sector Financial Procedures and Policies - Knowledge of relevant constitutional, statutory and administrative requirements, ensuring financial efficiency and effectiveness, good practice and high standards for the Office.
• Financial Management Systems - Knowledge of the methodology and software that the office uses to oversee and govern its income, expenses, and assets with the objective of service delivery and ensuring sustainability.
• Conflict Management - Deal with disputes in a rational, balanced and effective way through effective communication, problem resolving abilities and good negotiating, conciliation and mediation skills to restore the focus of the teams within the Office.
• Build Stakeholder Partnerships - Develop collaborative networks and relationships. Understand client and stakeholder behaviour and attitudes. Collaborate with stakeholders who share a similar sense of purpose and similar values to make a difference in the Office environment. Collaborate with stakeholders to create win-win situations.
• Strategic Communication - Communicate openly and transparently to create a culture of caring and belonging that engenders staff and stakeholder engagement. Strive to reduce ambiguity and to simplify conversations, presentations and written communication. Simplify the complex and clarify it for others so they can achieve desired results.
• Professional Ethics in the Public Sector - Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the role of professional ethics and values in organizational governance in the public sector, demonstrating this, by supporting the integration of ethical principles into all aspects of public sector financial and operational management.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 108
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to The Office of the Auditor-General (OAG) on recruitment.oagkenya.go.ke to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.