Manager, Financial Controls
Jobs at:Standard Chartered Bank Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
31 August 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Manager, Financial Controls
Processes and Risk Management
• Ensure adherence to the risk management framework, Financial Controls Reconciliation and Substantiation policy and other relevant policies and regulations in the identification, assessment, mitigation, control and monitoring of risks. In this regard, ensure sufficient traction and follow through management actions to mitigate identified risks and Audit assurance exceptions, escalating issues to the relevant Business Heads, Unit heads, Unit Operational Risk managers and Country Operational Risk as required.
• Perform the Residual Risk Ratings, Key Risk indicator and other Key Performance Indicators and reports for the Finance processes.
• Business Continuity Plan (BCP): As the Finance Alternate Departmental Continuity Coordinator (ADCC) below tasks apply: -
• Annual preparation of the BCP, Business Impact Analysis (BIA), obtain necessary approvals and load in the system.
• Review of the BCP and BIA to update any changes in the year.
• Quarterly circulation of the updated Call tree list of contacts to the Finance team.
• Quarterly testing of the Call tree, preparation of the post-test reports and uploading in the SharePoint post the approvals
• Handling the adhoc Business resilience team requests.
• Review of the risk exceptions from various forums including Finance Operations Risk Team Meeting (FORTM), Executive Risk Forums and those raised through other forums and follow through for closure.
• Hold Service Review Meetings (SRM) and collaborate with the GFS testing, Record to Report and assurance teams in Global Business Services, India (GBS) to monitor financial control exceptions and provide guidance to staff in monitoring and resolution of the exceptions
• Preparation of the Finance Operational Risk Group (FORG) pack, circulation and presentation in the FORG meeting as per the terms of reference.
• Facilitate the design and implementation of Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSAs) key control standards (KCS) and related key control self-assessment (KCSA), Control Self-Test (CST) and monitoring plans for compliance and operational risk management as the need arises.
• Obligations register maintenance and ensuring all key regulatory requirements, as interpreted and communicated by country Legal & Compliance via the Obligations Workflow Lifecycle System (OWLS) online platform are cascaded to the various units on a timely basis and that sufficient actions are undertaken to comply with these requirements.
• End User Computation (EUC) register maintenance and update.
• Track, escalate and report financial control issues to risk committees and liaise with relevant parties to resolve the issues in a timely way.
• Prepare risk presentations, input and papers to relevant Committees, forums as required.
• Prepare risk papers/presentation to the Board Committee as required.
• Lead and coordinate training efforts to promote risk management and compliance culture within Finance and awareness of Financial Controls Policies.
• Monitor and provide guidance to businesses and functions in complying with control standards.
• Represent Finance in Risk Management workgroups, meetings and forums including Information Cyber Security (ICS), East Africa FORTM (Finance Operational Risk Team Meeting), Africa FORM (Finance Operational Risk Managers), AME FRC (Finance Risk Committees), Outsourcing Committee, among others.
• Preparation of the M7 vs GL reconciliation for Finance.
• Finance Conduct Plan implementation.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Lead the Kenya Financials Controls unit to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles:
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.