Manager, Financial and Regulatory Reporting
Jobs at:Standard Chartered Bank Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
18 January 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Role Responsibilities
• Awareness and understanding of the Group's and Kenya's business strategy.
• Awareness and understanding of the wider business and regulatory environment which the business operates.
• Statutory and Regulatory Reporting
• Preparation and submission of finncial reports and regulatory returns in accordance with IFRS, statutory and regulatory requirements.
• Draw the Senior Manager, Reporting's attention to any areas of non-compliance.
• Monitor compliance with regulatory limits and draw Senior Manager, Reporting's attention for action to avoid breaches.
• Advise Finance Management of emerging trends and themes from regulatory reporting.
• Contribute to the preparation of the statutory accounts.
• Respond expediently to any queries that may arise.
• Actively engage with the delivery of the Aspire programme for Kenya.
• Liaise with the external auditor, internal auditors and market regulators in matters pertaining to audit, reporting and Bank`s inspection.
Finance Operational Risk and Controls
• Compliance with the Financial Control Substantiation and Reconciliation Policy(FCSRP) to ensure integrity of financial and regulatory reporting.
• Lead initiatives targeted at strengthening the control environment.
• Support the Global Business Services teams to comply with FCSRP .
• Prepare management reports for senior management.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Actively contribute as a member of the Reporting team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
• Various usiness departments.
• Global Business Services
• Finance Operation Risk Group
• Internal Auditors
• External Auditor
• Central Bank of Kenya (CBK)
• Capital Markets Authority(CMA)
• Nairobi Stock Exchange(NSE)
• Central Depository & Securities Exchange (CDSE)
• Retirement Benefits Authority (RBA)
• Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority (UFAA)
• Kenya Deposit Insurance Corporation (KDIC)
Our Ideal Candidate
• University degree.
• Accounting qualification (CPA/ACCA or equivalent).
Role Specific Competencies
• Strong Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, SQL and PowerPoint knowledge.
• Prior experience should demonstrate analytical capability.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.