Manager, Internal Audit & Risk Assurance
Jobs at:Kenya Water Institute (KEWI)
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, May 17 2023
Date Posted:Wednesday, May 17 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ADVERT NO. EXT/3/04/2023
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
• Continuously reviewing and assessing operational, financial management systems, policies, procedures, and guidelines and recommend improvements;
• Undertaking financial audits to assess compliance with set standards and specifications;
• Gathering, collating and analyzing financial data and reports to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of funds utilization;
• Conducting post audit reviews;
• Carrying out risk assessment and evaluation as part of the audit process; preparing and submitting periodic audit reports to the Director;
• Coordinating Internal Auditors works;
• Interpreting financial policies for sound auditing principles/practices and control;
• Developing and implementing audit plans; undertaking special audit investigations as may be required from time to time;
• Ensuring risk assessment and developing risk management guidelines as well as fraud investigation strategy;
• Setting up and implementing systems in accordance with International Auditing Standards. The Internal Auditor will also develop, Implement and audit work programmes in line with set targets and annual work plans.
For appointment to this scale, a candidate must meet the following requirements:
• Served in the scale of Senior Auditor or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for a minimum period of four (4) years;
• Have passed Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA (K) Examination or its recognized equivalent professional qualifications from a recognized Institution;
• Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Business Administration (Accounting option) from a recognized institution or any other relevant equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
• Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Have attended an auditing/risk management course or its equivalent from a recognized Institution;
• Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Proficiency in computer applications including Accounts related packages;
• Fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the requirements should submit soft copies of their application(s) with detailed CV and testimonials to the Institute’s email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and hard copies to be sent or hand-delivered to KEWI Headquarters – along Ole Shapara Avenue South C, Nairobi by 17th May, 2023.
The applications for positions should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Water Institute
P.O Box 60013-00200
In addition to the above indicated requirements, applicants will be required to meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity.
The following clearances will be required from successful candidates upon offer of job and not at the application stage.
• Certificate of Good Conduct;
• Clearance from the Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission;
• Certificate of Compliance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
• Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax Compliance Clearance; and
• Certificate of Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
KEWI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons; including Women, Persons with Disability and persons from Minority groups to apply. Only successful candidates shall be contacted for interviews.
THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
KENYA WATER INSTITUTE
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.