Manager, Internal Audit
Jobs at:Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service
Deadline of this Job:
07 February 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Description Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
• Spearheading the development and implementation of internal audit, strategies, policies, and procedures to support achievement of organisation’s strategic objectives;
• Overseeing the preparation and implementation of risk based annual audit plans aligned to the organisation’s objectives for the continuous assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of the organisation’s governance, risk management, controls processes;
• Leading assurance on business/functional and strategic objectives alignment;
• Spearheading assessment of the operational effectiveness of the design and functioning of controls across the organisation’s processes and recommending appropriate risk mitigation measures where necessary to ensure effective and efficient achievement of organisational objectives;
• Overseeing assurance on the accounting and safeguarding of the assets of the organisation;
• Leading evaluation of the economy and efficiency with which the organisation’s budget and other non-financial resources are employed to achieve intended objectives;
• Overseeing assurance for services and processes across various Huduma Centres where the organisation has presence
• Overseeing assurance on organisation’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, standards, policies, procedures, government circulars, directives, guidelines, and contractual agreements;
• Overseeing preparation of audit reports for presentation to management and to the Board Audit Committee for decision making;
• audit follow ups to ensure timely implementation of agreed corrective action plans;
• Providing of technical advice to the Board and Management on governance, risk management and controls to ensure sound business practices and continuous improvements in controls is fostered in the organisation;
• Serving as a link between the Board, Audit Committee and management by providing regular, thorough, and prompt communication on audit, risk management and compliance issues;
• Spearheading planning and execution of audit investigations and forensic audits in response to emerging business risks;
• Overseeing development and effective utilization of the Department’s budget to support achievement of the department’s objectives;
• Overseeing performance management in the department to ensure achievement of strategic objectives;
• Overseeing implementation of new tools and use of appropriate technology to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the audit department;
• Leading formulation and implementation of departmental Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to enhance service delivery;
• Spearheading implementation of the Knowledge Management Framework at the department to manage organisation’s knowledge as a strategic asset to improve efficiency;
• Mentoring and coaching internal audit department’s staff to unlock potential for optimal productivity and career growth;
Job Specifications For appointment to this grade, an officer must:
• Have a minimum of ten (10) years relevant working experience, three (3) of which must be in a management level in Internal Audit.
• Master’s degree in any of the following fields: Finance, Accounts, Economics, Business Administration or any other equivalent disciplines from a recognized Institution.
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Finance, Accounts, Economics, Business Administration or any other equivalent disciplines from a recognized institution.
• Certified Public Accountants (ICPAK) or Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA).
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) qualification;
• Member of a professional body -Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAK) or Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) or Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) and in good standing.
• Be proficient in Computer applications.
• Fulfil the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.i) Demonstrate competence in work performance
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Applications MUST be submitted online through the Placement Service Careers Portal careers.kuccps.net . Interested applicants are required to create their profiles, duly fill the online application form and attach copies of their CVs, academic certificates and testimonials before submitting their applications.
The application deadline is February 7th, 2023 at 5.00pm.
SUCCESSFUL candidates will be expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by providing: Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board; Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority; Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and a Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.