Manager, Programme Budgeting
Jobs at:TradeMark East Africa (TMEA)
Deadline of this Job:
31 December 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Roles and responsibilities
• Ensure that all budgeting, accounting, and reporting functions and processes are carried out with due professional care. This includes supervision, appraisal and development of Finance Officers in the programme budgeting team in PDH, ensuring an effective and motivated team.
• Supports donor engagement on budgets, forecasts, expenditure, and reporting.
• Budget monitoring – On a monthly basis ensure TMA’s overall master budget by donor and project is updated with expenditure, commitments, budget re-allocations and accruals and that it reconciles to the funding plan and any deficits are funded.
• Oversees and reviews project level budget re-allocations by ensuring all budget reallocations are funded and facilitates approval with other PDH units and SLMT
• Manage donor payable/receivable accounts by ensuring contributions receipts and income allocations to projects/outputs are in line with income recognition policy and donor requirements.
• Manage monthly reconciliation of overall programme income and expenditure and ensure that any project deficit is funded.
• Manage staff costs master budget-Review master staff time allocation in people planner and ensure Programme management costs are allocated to projects accurately.
• Manage the preparation of relevant reports supporting contribution requests to TMA donors in line with agreed payment schedules. Ensure donor cashflow balances reconcile to donor payable/receivable A/cs.
• Review and quality assurance of funding proposal budgets and ensure staff costs, monitoring and evaluation, safeguarding, gender, climate change and indirect costs are adequately funded.
• Support in the development, rollout, and implementation of TMAs Financial Management Information System (FMIS). Also supports the Change Management Process for staff and partners, as required.
Corporate level responsibilities
• Apply the highest standards of controls and risk management practices and behaviours and embed a positive risk and control culture.
• Demonstrate prudence, sound judgement and appropriate and timely escalations in management of all types of risk (including fraud risk) applicable to my role.
• Understand and comply with the relevant end-to-end processes including applicable risks and controls.
• Seek to identify, understand and escalate risk events/incidents/ issues on a timely basis focusing on fixing root-causes and taking ownership of identified mitigating actions.
• Complete all relevant mandatory trainings within the stipulated timelines.
• Participate in regular informal and formal reflection, knowledge sharing and learning events.
• Document lessons learned and best practices for knowledge sharing and learning.
• Promote and adhere to TMA’s core values and ensure compliance with organisational policies and procedures.
• Maintain zero tolerance to bribery, fraud and corruption, and ensure the immediate reporting of any corruption or suspect behaviour that threatens TMA’s reputation.
Academic and professional qualifications
• An undergraduate degree or postgraduate degree preferably a Bachelor of Commerce in accounting or finance; and
• Full membership of and certification by a recognized accounting body (ICPAK, ACCA).
• For undergraduate degree holders, at least five years of progressive work experience and for a postgraduate degree, at least three years of relevant work experience in a busy accounts department.
• Hands-on experience in the use of relevant accounting and MS Office applications, preparation of financial statements and management reports.
• Knowledge of accounting, auditing, financial forecasting and budgeting principles and practices.
Technical skills and behavioural competencies
• People management skills – Ability to effectively lead and inspire others within a participatory framework and a multi-cultural work environment.
• Organisational skills – Ability to structure workflow in an orderly manner and prioritise tasks in a dynamic and demanding work environment
• Multitasking – Capability to handle complex and multifaceted tasks.
• Highly analytical, organized, conscientious, with rigorous attention to detail.
• Hands-on experience in preparation of Donor financial reports, budgeting and forecasting and financial statements.
• Deep comfort with Ms Excel application
• Hands-on experience in the use of relevant accounting and MS Office applications.
• Team player – Ability to work well within a team and to develop strong and effective working relationships internally and externally.
• Excellent communication – An outgoing personality with the ability to communicate, accurately, and sensitively.
• Self-starter – Able to identify what needs to be done and take the initiative.
• Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.