Manager, Revenue Inventory
Jobs at:Kenya Airways
Deadline of this Job:
17 February 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The role holder will be responsible for leading, planning, and managing the Revenue Optimization function on all KQ operated Passenger flights. This entails Optimizing route profitability through employing progressive revenue management practices and innovatively incorporating changes in customer trends in demand and seat inventory management. The holder is also responsible for driving the delivery of passenger demand input for the yearly budgets, periodic rolling revenue forecasts and 5-year business plans. Additionally, the role holder will oversee the strategic direction of Revenue Management Groups, and Flight Disruptions and Revenue Enhancement sections to competitively position Kenya Airways in the market to ensure Customer satisfaction, retention, and growth of the airline’s market share in line with the growth ambitions of the company.
Principal Accountabilities (KEY Performance areas):
• Area Accountability (Responsibility Revenue Maximization
• Exceed Budgeted Network RASK (Revenue per Available Seat Kilometer) as per the company’s budget.
• Deliver Budgeted Route Revenue as per the company’s Revenue Budget, this includes budgeted Groups’ Revenue.
• Optimize network seat factor through ensuring the KQ network Demand is correctly captured.
• Define KQ network Flight seat inventory strategy, capacity management, priorities and initiatives for the Inventory and Groups team.
• Drive weekly performance management meetings with the Commercial Leadership team to signal revenue related opportunities, concerns, and risks. Network redesign and optimization
• Continuously optimize use of business resources to drive productivity and increase the budgeted Route Contribution Margin and reduce cash burn
• Design and manage a robust and progressive Capacity Optimization process to ensure capacity discipline that matches passenger demand.
• Drive and improve efficiencies in the management of Flight disruptions to deliver excellent Customer Satisfaction. Operational Excellence
• Define the yearly KQ Network Passenger Route Revenue budget, 5year business plan and deliver periodic rolling revenue forecasts to drive business decisions
• Define and implement the regional group acceptance policies and guidelines across all markets in the KQ Network.
• Ensure competitiveness of Groups’ pricing to drive revenues and grow market share across the KQ network.
• Ensure tooling evolution and accuracy of revenue management tools.
• Managing denied boarding and Cost center costs within the approved budgets. People and Culture
• Promote teamwork and staff development through training, coaching and assigning special projects.
• Improve productivity and decision-making ability of direct reports through the identification, development, and/or implementation of Revenue Management processes/procedures, and management information (MI) enhancements in support of commercial priorities and initiatives.
• Identify, build, and maintain employee skill sets necessary to optimize performance. Communication & Stakeholder Management
• Direct, Monitor and guide sales teams in Route inventory strategies and policies and ensure network generation of passenger numbers and revenues in line with the budget while promoting Kenya Airways market share.
• Optimize network capacity through guiding and advising OCC and Network planning on decisions regarding route capacity in line with Passenger demand.
• Guide and collaborate with Pricing, Interline, RM Systems and Distribution and Commercial Analysis teams on Route Inventory strategies and policies in order to drive route performance.
• Collaboration with Finance team on performance related topics and reporting, Forecast and Budgeting processes
Knowledge and Experience:
• A professional degree with strong emphasis on a business-related field e.g., Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or Commerce. Master’s degree is an added advantage.
Additional Qualifications (Technical)
• In-depth understanding of Revenue Management principles, systems and tools, including price elasticity and stimulation, supply and demand in the airline industry.
• Ability to integrate Origin & Destination(O&D) view in management of flights Prior experience in project management
Years of Experience (Minimum)
• 8 years’ airline working experience in a Commercial area, 4yrs of which should be in Revenue Management 4 years of Management experience in a Commercial area.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Click Here To Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.