Manager – Claims
Deadline of this Job:
19 December 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Purpose and Key responsibilities
To enhance customer/client satisfaction by reducing turnaround time in processing of both General and Medical claims and ensuring effective and efficient modes in claims processing.
Nature and Scope:
The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
• Driving and participating in regular executive management meetings for performance monitoring, in the development and implementation of company strategy.
• Providing the business with relevant claim statistics, including trends and risks, to the board and executive management for strategic business decision.
• Responsible for the development of internal and external operational and oversight policies /procedures within the claims team.
• Leading strategic and risk improvement initiatives and drive continuous improvement in the claims functions.
• Developing and Maintaining pre-authorization, Claims processes / procedures and case management processes.
• Oversees the day to day operations including assigning work, staffing, quality assurance and trainings. Performs any other duties assigned by the CEO.
• Ensuring adherence to all claims processing legislative and regulatory requirements.
• Reviewing and leading changes to system designs, methods, procedures, policies and workflows affecting the claims processing department.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
• Degree in Business or Insurance related field.
• Professional qualification in Insurance papers (ACII or AKI) will be an added advantage.
• Good Analytical and report writing skills.
• 3 years’ experience in the Insurance Industry on a managerial role.
Other desirable attributes:
• Strong personality with interpersonal sensitivity.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Team player.
• Strong negotiating skills.
• Assertive and confident.
• Creative & open-minded.
• High level of numeracy and strong analytical skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.