Manager – Domestic Taxes
Jobs at:Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Deadline of this Job:
07 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This role is responsible for the overall management of a Tax Services Office (TSO) or sector of deployment within a division and in particular the implementation of the compliance governance framework with the aim of meeting the set revenue targets.
Key responsibilities/Tasks/ Duties
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
• Administer the relevant Tax Acts for assessments, collection, and accounting for revenue.
• Spearheading initiatives to implement the compliance governance
• Assisting the Chief Manager and Deputy Commissioner achieve the set revenue targets.
• Coordinating TSO/sector target achievement.
• Preparing of daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly and annual progress reports for Chief Manager and senior
• Development and management of a comprehensive annual work plan for the TSO/sector.
• Organizing taxpayer engagements within the sector.
• Management of funds, equipment and other facilities allocated.
• Facilitate implementation of the work plans for other initiatives in the TSO/sector i.e. Internal Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
• Day-to-day operations, supervision, management of performance and development of staff in the TSO/sector.
• Facilitate performance management of the staff in the TSO/Sector.
• Drive initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the TSO/section
• Fostering relationship management to facilitate revenue collection in the TSO/sector.
• Any other duties as maybe assigned from time to time by the Supervisor or management.
• Financial Responsibility
• Development of budgets
• Responsibility for Physical Assets
• Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
• Decision Making / Job Influence
• Make strategic, operational and financial decisions
• Plans the work of subordinates
• Assigns work to subordinates
• Monitors subordinates work performance
• Appraises/evaluates subordinates performance
• Working Conditions
• Office setting
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
• A university degree in Accounting, Finance, Law, Business Administration, Economics or related disciplines from a recognized institution
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
• Certified Public Accountant, Certified Public Secretary, Tax Administration or Diploma in Law (Kenya School of Law) is an added advantage
Previous relevant work experience required.
• Minimum of 5 years work experience in Tax Administration or similar field with at least 1 year in first level management.
Functional Skills, Behavioural Competencies/Attributes:
• Must have a thorough knowledge and wide experience on the application of the relevant tax statutes, policies and operational procedures.
• Have knowledge of other revenue laws administered under the KRA Act.
• Must have a good understanding of Tax Policy and Governance.
• Must be conversant with departmental business processes and computer systems.
• Conversant with strategic direction of the Kenya Revenue Authority.
• Demonstrate ability to manage Tax Programmes and specialized units.
• Good understanding of Risk Management and
• Must have demonstrated exemplary performance, high integrity and competence.
• Possess excellent communication, counselling and leadership skills.
• Must have good decision-making capabilities.
• Good planning and organizational
• Resilient, focused and results-oriented.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation
• Good negotiation and interpersonal skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.