Manager - Finance Business Partner (Financial Services)
Jobs at:Safaricom Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
11 July 2022
Date Posted: Monday, July 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to the Senior Manager; Finance Business Partnering & Decision Support, the individual is key to ensure the business captures in a timely and intelligent manner, key drivers relating to revenue, capital expenditure and operational expenses for the Financial Services division.
• To participate in periodic budgeting and reporting cycles to ensure that divisional costs drivers are correctly reflected and captured in the reporting system to avoid subsequent delays to downstream processes or inefficiencies due to incorrect cost capture and reporting.
• To act as the liaison for all financial matters as they relate to but not limited to participation in procurement, working capital matters and financial business case development within the division.
• To support commercial Tribes during the Quarterly Business Planning cycle ensuring that the tribes develop relevant OKRs that drive overall company mission.
• To drive simplification of Finance processes to support an Agile organization.
• To support in data and analytics that provide key insights into business performance and support decision making.
• Keep track of revenue performance and articulate on key revenue drivers and risks to revenue performance.
• Use data and analytics to review commercial performance for the commercial tribes and units and support decision making.
• Drive and fully participate in the setting and budgeting of overheads and CAPEX during the various budgeting cycles.
• Ensure cost drivers are updated regularly and communicated to the relevant stakeholders.
• Review of cost center reports for Financial Services Division to ensure accuracy of entries made and reasonableness of any accruals and/or provisions included in the reports.
• Ensure Business Model Compliance and reinforce internal controls and company policy. Act as the main contact for finance on new business model initiatives related to agile transformation.
• Monthly review of open Purchase Requisitions (PRs) and Local Purchase Orders (LPO’s) raised for the division to confirm status and report accordingly.
• Ensure receipting of goods and services within the ERP system is enforced on a timely and accurate basis to reduce the need for manual accruals via journals during reporting.
• Reduction of cost center overheads by enhancing efficiency and identifying cost saving opportunities within departments.
• Taking part in any key ERP trainings that are necessary for purposes of effective cost management in the system.
• Taking part in companywide cost saving and process improvement initiatives.
• Review of business cases for divisional projects before implementation and ensure that they are financially sound and aligned to the business strategy.
• Budget controlling and analysis during the budget cycles.
• Work cross functionally and contribute to a collaborative work spirit across the organization promoting the Spirit of Agile.
• Liaise with procurement to ensure all items to be requisitioned are scheduled and planned for, optimize available discounts, ensure controls and reduce duplications or repeat purchases.
• Continually identify processes that can be automated to create more effective cost capture process and improved financial controls.
• Provide guidance to budget owners and drive budget adherence within the departments.
• Positively influence divisional performance through effective day-to-day operational and financial support.
• Vouch all purchase requests for the Financial Services Division to ensure proper mapping of expenses and ascertain compliance to procurement policies.
• A graduate with a degree in a financial field or closely related
• Recognised accounting qualification (CPA (K), ACCA, etc.)
• 5-7 years’ experience in Finance
• Significant work experience in the telecommunications industry
• Able to develop and recommend financial operational policies and processes for the business
• In depth knowledge and experience to provide strong financial decision support to the business.
• Able to take a holistic view of the business with a financial focus.
• Understands financial data to provide value-added insight.
• Up to date knowledge of best practice in accounting processes and accounting systems.
• Have strong business acumen and highly developed commercial experience
• Experience in strategic decision making
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
• High level experience and skills working with stakeholders
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.