Manager - Finance Business Partner
Jobs at:Safaricom Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
16 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Manager - Finance Business Partner (SOHO and Decision Support)
Reporting to the Senior Manager; Finance Business Partnering & Decision Support, the individual is key to ensure that the company meets its strategic objective of execution excellence by providing decision support through timely, accurate and insightful performance reports at the company, regional and individual levels; and capturing key cost drivers relating to revenue, capital expenditure and operational expenses for various divisions.
The role is corroborative and cross functional and entails preparation of key revenue KPIs, reporting of trends and oversight over cost analysis and consolidation. Its Reporting encompasses all regions together with advice on opportunity areas that will help drive increased revenue growth and ensure effective cost management.
• Decision support - Timely reports with trends that give insights to win in the MSME/SME (SOHO) segment
• Performance management- Development of accurate and timely performance management reports for MSME/SME (SOHO), Dealers and agencies
• Commissions -Preparation of accurate and timely Dealer, agents & Agency commissions
• SIP calculations – Prepare SIP for the Agency teams on a quarterly basis
• Customer insights – Manage monthly dashboards showing key analysis data on various regions on their customers and agree achievement targets set after each review
• Provide monthly revenue and customer’s performance against set targets per region across all product types (Zidisha plus, fixed data, GSM, M-PESA etc. and for any relevant products & propositions that get launched) by the 10th working day.
• Measure ROI on regional campaigns/initiatives and promos monthly
• Provide annual, monthly and daily billing performance against target per direct channel salesperson and the agency teams per region
• Prepare dealer commissions and submit for approval and payment by the 3rd working day.
• Partner with the Senior Managers and Regional Managers in their regions to identify and analyse areas of revenue generation and opportunities for products.
• Periodically take part in market visits as part of putting the customer first and in an attempt at understanding any pain points or opportunities that exist due to an unmet need.
• Keep track of competitor activities in the region and point out key events and activities that are planned; advising SLT on how to exploit opportunities that come with such events/activities.
• Provide weekly input for the SLT management report covering key highlights for the regions and the sales performance status.
• Conduct monthly performance review meetings for the regions to socialize the teams on their performance and show revenue stimulation reports to help the teams forecast on improving performance.
• Ad-hoc reporting requirements to support SLT decision making.
• Maintain historical reports which capture seasonality and trends and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the information provided.
• Provide monthly performance reports for agency teams per region against targets and a quarterly report for showing month on month performance per agency sales agent.
• Engagement with FBPs on optimization of OPEX to stay within Mission.
• Support a robust budgeting and rolling forecast process through timely reviews, challenge, and feedback
• Work with the Finance Business Partners to identify business success drivers (KPIs), monitor and report progress against KPI targets, identify gaps and recommend corrective actions.
• Document overall key revenue assumptions and cost drivers for the business and consolidate financials commentary.
• Provide visibility around costs related to the business processes by driving relevant analyses and reporting.
• Active participation in monthly performance reviews by coordinating divisional variance analysis and commentary and consolidation of the same for the company.
• Ensure proper internal controls are adhered to and full implementation of the approved Delegation of Authority Matrix on all financial matters across the company.
• A graduate with a degree in a financial field or closely related
• Recognised accounting qualification (CPA (K), ACCA, etc.)
• 4-6 years’ experience in Finance
• Significant work experience in the telecommunications industry
• Able to develop and recommend financial operational policies and processes for the business
• In depth knowledge and experience to provide strong financial decision support to the business.
• Able to take a holistic view of the business with a financial focus.
• Understands financial data to provide value-added insight.
• Up to date knowledge of best practice in accounting processes and accounting systems.
• Have strong business acumen and highly developed commercial experience
• Experience in strategic decision making
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
• High level experience and skills working with stakeholders
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
• Manager - Finance Business Partner (SOHO and Decision Support)
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.