Manager Finance and Accounts
Jobs at:Public Sector Accounting Standards Board
Deadline of this Job:
02 February 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The position is responsible for prudent financial management with a view to enhance transparency and accountability in the PSASB in accordance with PFM Act 2012.
The applicant must demonstrate evidence of the following qualifications:
• Ten (10) years’ experience in Financial, Accounting, Banking or Audit Function five (5) of which must have been in a Principal Officer’s position or equivalent in a reputable organization.
• Master’s degree in any of the following discipline: Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Business Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following discipline:- Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Business Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
• Holder of CPA (K), ACCA CIFA, or equivalent qualifications from recognized institution.
• Membership in good standing of Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or any other recognized professional.
• Certificate in Management lasting not less than four(4) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution;
• Be of proven integrity, transparency and accountability;
• Demonstrate administrative and professional competence in Finance and Accounting; and
• Have thorough understanding of the organizational goals, policies and objectives and the ability to relate them to audit work
• Oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the Board;
• Lead the Resource mobilization role through forecasting of the Board’s financing needs.
• Coordinate the annual budget preparation process and consolidate costed departmental plans as per the guidelines issued by the National Treasury.
• Supervise preparation and implementation of cash flows projection.
• Oversee the Board’s transaction processing systems
• Provide timely financial information and reports for decision making;
• Coordinate statutory reporting to relevant government departments and other stakeholders as required; 8. Monitor budget execution through expenditure control;
• Manage the preparation and interpretation of financial statements, management accounts and statutory and operational reports.
• Implement approved investment plans and activities.
• Develop and implement finance policies and procedures to ensure compliance with IPSAS and applicable laws.
• Support the development and implementation of the Board’s strategy, corporate culture and values;
• Oversee implementation of performance management in the department
• Facilitate audit processes in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, frameworks and guidelines relating to internal and external audits.
• Coordinate implementation of audit recommendations.
• Manage the Board’s Assets and liabilities
• Coordinate the implementation of departmental strategic objectives
• Oversee the prudent management of financial resources and accountability through proper procedures, manuals and effective control measures.
• Oversee the preparation of financial reports to reflect a true and fair view of the operation of PSASB.
• Supervise preparation of management reports for planning and decision making
• Implement Finance & Accounts policies and procedures in PSASB.
• Undertake cash flow reporting and revenue forecasts;
• Prepare management and financial reports.
• Requisition and follow up of exchequer disbursement from the National treasury.
• Mentor and coach departmental staff.
• Prepare departmental annual work plans and operating budgets.
• Develop and implement financial ERP module.
• Prepare Board Papers for review and approval
• Ensuring compliance with International Public Sector Accounting Standards, PFMA, 2012, PFMA (National Government) regulations, 2015 and other financial
• Supporting the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate;
• Manage and oversee the taxation affairs of the Board and liaise with the Kenya Revenue Authority for quick resolution of tax disputes.
• Advise on and implement best practices on how to optimize financial resources
• Liaise with other departments so as to ensure that financial and related regulations are complied with and where applicable give procedural guidance including dealing with any staff enquiries on any payment related matters
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the specified criteria, please make your application through the psasb.go.ke/careers and email your C.V, copies of academic and professional certificates and any other supporting documents to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly indicate the reference number on the subject of the email. Shortlisted candidates will be required to present clearance/compliance certificates from CID, HELB, EACC, CRB & KRA in their applications which should be received not later than 2nd February, 2023 at 5.00pm.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.