Jobs at:Kenya Airways
Deadline of this Job:
30 December 2022
Date Posted: Friday, December 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Principal Accountabilities (KEY Performance areas):
• Cash forecasting.
• Compile information from around the company to create an ongoing cash forecast.
• This information may come from the accounting records, the budget, capital budget, board minutes (for dividend payments) and even the CEO or CFO (for expenditures related to acquisitions and divestitures).
• Working capital monitoring. Review in liaison with Accounts Payable and Receivable Managers the corporate policies related to working capital and model their impact on cash flows.
• Cash concentration. Create a system for funneling cash into a centralized investment account, from which cash can be most effectively invested.
• This may involve the use of notional pooling or cash sweeps. Repatriation: Develop and implement methods of currency repatriations from weak currency zones to strong currency zones to ensure minimum currency risk to the company. Investments. Use the corporate investment policy for allocating excess cash to various types of investments, depending on their rates of return, risk and how quickly they can be converted into cash. Fund raising.
• In liaison with the Head of Treasury & Corporate Finance, determine when additional cash is needed, and raise funds through the acquisition of debt, sale of stock, or changes in company policies that impact the amount of working capital required to run the business.
• Risk management. Use various hedging and netting strategies to reduce risk related to changes in asset values, interest rates, and foreign currency holdings. Explore various options of mitigating risk of interest rate, forex and commodity price fluctuation.
• Bank relations. Open, rationalize and maintain bank accounts and mandates to ensure efficient operations, compliance and security of funds. Keep the company's bankers apprised of the company's financial condition and projections, as well as any forthcoming changes in its need for borrowed funds.
• Credit rating agency relations. Keep any credit rating agencies informed of the company's financial results and condition, if these agencies are providing ratings on the company's marketable debt issuances.
• IT systems. Maintains treasury applications/workstations that provide reliable information about cash holdings, projections, market conditions, and other information.
• Reporting. The Treasurer provides the senior management team with reports concerning market conditions, funding issues, returns on investment, cash-related risks, and similar topics.
• Manage Trade Finance facilities i.e Standby letters of credit (SBLC’s), Bank guarantees, etc, for aircraft acquisition and other operations and review bank reconciliations to ensure accuracy of underlying records and prevent loss to the company. Control cost centre overhead expenses to improve profitability.
• Custody of, management /Implementation of the Company's internal and external debt, loan contracts ensuring repayments are done on time to avoid penalties and minimize risks of exposure Develop, train and motivate staff to enhance productivity and efficiency
Job Requirements Knowledge and Experience Qualification
• (Minimum) Business graduate (Major in Finance or accounting) Additional Qualifications ACCA/CPA (K) or equivalent Years of Experience (Minimum)
• 7 years experience in a bank or Corporate Treasury, 3 of which should be in a supervisory role.
• Experience in the aviation industry will be of added advantage.
• Additional Details
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.