Market Compliance Lead
Jobs at:Nairobi Securities Exchange
Deadline of this Job:
20 December 2022
Date Posted: Friday, December 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ensure compliance by Market Participants and Listed Companies with the Rules and Regulations of the NSE and CMA; conduct periodic financial analysis of Listed Companies and Market Participants and ensure the maintenance of a fair and transparent market through continuous monitoring of Market Participants and Listed Companies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Analysing and reviewing the quarterly, interim and annual financial reports of Listed Companies and Trading Participants for compliance with the Capital Market regulations, guidelines, and the NSE rules;
• Reviewing the applications to list on the official list of the Exchange for completeness and compliance with the CMA and NSE rules and regulations;
• Carrying out an independent review of the valuation reports of companies intending to list on the Exchange to ensure the correctness of the valuation and basis of the proposed listing prices;
• Reviewing sustainability reports of listed companies and preparing periodic reports thereof;
• Reviewing applications for admission of Market Participants and preparing management reports thereof;
• Assist in carrying out real-time surveillance of the market; and
• Perform any other duties as may be required.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Commerce, Business Management, Business Studies, Economics, Law or equivalent from a relevant field.
• Minimum two (2) years of relevant work experience. Experience in the capital markets will be an added advantage.
• Membership to a professional body such as ICPAK, or LSK.
• Possession of professional qualifications such as CPA, CISI, CFA, or FA will be an added advantage.
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of legal/ regulatory framework of the Capital Markets.
• Must possess strong analytical skills.
• Working knowledge of Automated Trading Systems.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong ethics with the ability to manage confidential data
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are up to the challenge and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV stating your current position, current salary and benefits as well as your expected salary, qualifications, experience, names & addresses of three referees and email & telephone contacts together with copies of your academic and professional certificates and testimonials to the address below by close of business on Tuesday, 20th December 2022.
The Chief Executive
Nairobi Securities Exchange PLC
The Exchange, 55 Westlands Road P.O. Box 43633-
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.