Market Research Officer
Jobs at:BURN Manufacturing
Deadline of this Job:
30 March 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BURN is an eclectic group of designers, builders, and visionaries who are committed to making stoves that can transform lives and save forests. Our goal is not just to provide clean burning wood and charcoal stoves but to provide a range of super fuel efficient stoves for the 2 billion people who will inhabit sub Saharan Africa by 2050.
The ideal candidate must possess knowledge and experience in developing, planning and executing quantitative and qualitative research methodologies in all stages of product life cycle from product ideation to commercialization. .
The Employee shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
Spearhead and take ownership in the design and execution of research studies and projects
• Create study plans.
• Explore and develop new methodologies.
• Lead in execution of the plans.
• Oversee preparation of field activities (focus groups, field surveys, in-person interviews, home visits, phone calls)
• Develop questionnaires and surveys
• Plan logistics- identify and recruit participants, scope location, choose date, and arrange logistics.
Lead Field Activities
• Conduct interviews in one-on-one and group settings
• Document, record, and translate responses
• Coordinate Research Assistant Contractors
• Lead Home Visits
Conduct advance Data Analysis and Report Writing
• Perform data cleaning of data entries
• Analyse the data and feedback
• Conduct statistical analysis
• Write summary reports
Assist in evaluations of projects and studies
• Help evaluate the nature and condition of projects and make useful suggestions to the MR team on best practices and strategies to apply in future project execution.
Play an active role relaying user feedback to relevant departments (design, sales, marketing, expansion etc)
• Act as “Know Your Customer” MR representative- identify and act on both positive and negative performance trends to ensure attainment of performance targets.
• Run point on all MR related questions for any New Product Development research needs.
• Liaise closely with Design Team during new product development and improvement and the commercial and expansion during new market scoping, sales and marketing process.
• Liaise closely with Commercial and New Markets Expansion team to fulfill the strategic MR needs of these departments.
• Coordinate and facilitate identification of community-based organizations especially for projects that require large sample sizes and support from the local leaders.
• Provide mentorship and supervision to research interns and assistants.
Desirable qualifications include:
• Strong background in research-oriented fields e.g. statistics, operations research, economics, or a related field;
• Wide knowledge and experience in planning and executing quantitative and qualitative research methodologies in all stages of product life cycle from product ideation to commercialization.
• Data analysis ability & solid understanding of commercial business.
• Good computer and analytics skills (MS 365, SPSS, Excel)
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively in an informal, collegial environment.
• Ability to work effectively under deadlines.
• Bachelor’s Degree
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.