Market Risk Analyst
Jobs at:KCB Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
25 November 2022
Date Posted: Monday, November 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to the Head, Market Risk, and the position will support coordination of the Group’s market risk and asset and liability management. The position will also support the identification and evaluation of market, liquidity and country risks, development of the respective risk policies including providing support to the Business units in risk return analytics and maintenance of the Treasury Front Office and Market Risk System.
• Maintenance, development and customization of market risk and asset and liability management policies, procedures and controls for the Bank and its subsidiaries.
• Management of the periodic monitoring and reporting of market, liquidity and country risk exposure against limits and reporting of breaches as per policy and understanding and reporting on underlying reasons for market changes and their impact on risk and market value.
• Overseeing the maintenance of the Treasury Front Office and market risk system across the Group.
• Validation and maintenance of pricing and value at risk models for both current and new Treasury products as they are introduced including back testing.
• Supervise and continuously improve the periodic risk reporting including analysis and commentary as additional information becomes available with the implementation of the market risk system across the Group.
• Production of risk versus return analysis for the respective Treasury products to obtain optimal market risk portfolio, risk-transfer strategies which ensure compliance with the risk tolerance and maximize economic value.
• Utilization of statistical forecasting techniques to predict movements in market factors and use this information to develop meaningful scenarios and stress tests for scenario analysis and stress testing.
• Modelling of deposits for use in management of liquidity and interest rate risk in the banking book and Basel III implementation.
• Development of criteria for allocating market risk-based economic capital to business and trading units and contribute to the Enterprise Wide Risk Management of the Group.
• Providing support and training the junior market risk analysts across the Group.
• Profit & loss attribution analysis, price verification and liaison with Finance and Treasury on P&L reconciliation of reported results.
• Support the MTM process by ensuring that the MTM sources are updated and reflective of market rates/prices.
• Establish and maintain control framework to ensure compliance with internal policies, procedures, BASEL requirements, Codes, and applicable external laws and regulations and support the ICAAP reporting for the Group.
• Contribute towards development of the Group’s strategic risk management capability and risk/return assessments and benchmarks.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
• A University degree from a recognized university in Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Statistics for related field.
• Any one qualification from the list - ACI Dealing, PRM, FRM, CFA, CPA(K).
• Master’s degree is an added advantage.
• 5 years’ experience in a Market Risk or Treasury unit of a bank or financial services sector.
• Comprehensive understanding of Treasury products.
• Good understanding and command of SQL programming language or prior experience with database management especially oracle or SQL Servers as well as advanced proficiency in Excel.
• Good management skills including organizational, presentation & communication and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated high integrity and team spirit.
• Possess excellent analytical skills, be open-minded and have the ability to identify alternative solutions.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.