Marketing & Communications Lead
Deadline of this Job:
10 November 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Marketing & Communications Lead
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced Marketing and Communications professional to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious targets for growth and impact. As our first marketing hire, we are looking for a generalist marketing professional who is an excellent communicator, a strong team player, and experienced across a wide array of marketing skills. The ideal candidate is passionate about making an impact on climate change, and is eager to tell the story of e-mobility’s transformative potential in Africa. If that sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Roles & Responsibilities
• Develop and launch consumer insight research initiatives that aid marketing to customers, support business decisions, improve customer experience, and drive growth.
• Work cross functionally and with BasiGo’s external stakeholders to understand key business priorities in order to triage responsibilities and deliver the correct results at the correct time.
• Create strategic marketing and communications plans in partnership with BasiGo’s CRO and Sales Teams that deliver superior customer engagement across all channels.
• Build a brand strategy that establishes BasiGo and Pay-As-You-Drive as the leading solution for electrification of commercial vehicles in Africa.
• Develop high quality, engaging communications to customers throughout the customer journey with the goals of driving sales, ensuring an exceptional customer experience, and maintaining good repayment throughout an owner’s subscription with BasiGo.
• Manage BasiGo’s social media strategy and communications including content development, posts, and promotional campaigns.
• Manage BasiGo’s website design and content to maximize website value to our brand.
• Guide partners in developing public communications including key messaging, press releases, newsletters, video, photography, and announcements which build BasiGo’s brand, communicate key milestones, and tell the story of our environmental and social impact.
• Manage marketing and PR partnerships including with designers, media, and media relations firms.
• Set the marketing budget for the company and manage marketing spend including spending on traditional and digital advertising promotions
• Analyze and report on the impact of different marketing and communication initiatives ensuring the best possible return on investment.
• Establish brand guidelines and assets, and train BasiGo sales and support teams on communication and marketing standards.
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree and MBA and/or International Marketing Certification
• 5+ in Marketing role
• Experience working with a technology product and brand, ideally in the areas of fintech or electric mobility.
• Experience executing marketing campaigns for technology products.
• Agency side experience in account management position
• Experience telling a brand or company’s story to a global audience through both traditional media
• Ability to create exceptional marketing collateral that speaks to various stakeholders
• Strong leadership and team building abilities
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Experience as a trusted resource with direct communication with senior-level executive team
• Willing to travel occasionally to our different markets
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.