Deadline of this Job:
03 January 2023
Date Posted: Monday, December 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The primary responsibility of the role is to support in the coordination and implementation of MEAL activities for the GAC funded Time to Care project and also support development partners in the Country thematic areas. The role is key in offering support to project teams to track project performance indicators and providing technical MEAL support to partners aimed at building capacities and improving the project delivery. This will be achieved through adopting result-based management frameworks/tools for monitoring and generating evidence required for learning and to improve programming.
Programme Management, Implementation and Resourcing – 30%
• Support programme and partner staff in designing and implementing MEAL frameworks.
• Provide timely feedback to implementation teams from the MEAL system findings to enhance effectiveness of program/project implementation and steps needed to achieve desired outcomes.
• Support in the development of grievance monitoring, assessments and tools for partners.
• Ensure there is documentation of the feedback/complaints from the accountability system.
• Support in the maintenance of a complaints database and the management complaints referral system.
Partnership management, capacity building and support – 50%
• Support in the assessment of partner MEAL capacity and design of appropriate processes to ensure skills are developed.
• Provide mentoring and coaching to relevant partners' staff on MEAL processes and activities.
• Monitor status and progress of Project implementation based on performance indicators and the MEAL Plan.
• Support programme and partner staff in strengthening accountability and learning mechanisms.
Research and knowledge generation – 20%
• Develop clear and user-friendly data collection and reporting formats in collaboration with project teams at different levels.
• Conduct field monitoring visits and draft reports indicating recommendations to project managers and MEAL Advisor on the project quality and desired improvement plans.
• Compile monthly write-ups and reports tracking the progress of remote monitoring system; complaints and beneficiary feedback system and highlighting areas for improvement in the remote monitoring system.
• Work with the Programmes and Communications team in the documentation of impact through Case studies, Human Interest stories and Success stories to ensure evidence-based decision making by teams. Skills and Competencies
• Bachelor's degree in International Development, Project management, Development studies, Statistics or closely related fields, with specialized training in monitoring and evaluation, or a combined professional qualification and sound experience.
• A minimum of 4 years of direct, "hands-on" working experience in building and operating monitoring and evaluation of projects/programs.
• Experience in designing result-based monitoring frameworks for development programming.
• Development programme experience with international NGOs or other international organizations as well as understanding local languages.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong Team working skills.
• Flexibility in tasks undertaken and exposure of working in ASAL areas.
• Ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
• Good report writing skills, strong writing and communication skills and analytical abilities, particularly in the areas of learning, and capacity development/transfer.
• Excellent working knowledge of computers. Knowledge of Access databases an advantage.
• Able to take initiative and exercise sound judgement.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in an effective, pro-active and timely manner.
• Familiarity with project cycle management, monitoring and evaluation.
• Organised and able to manage own time under guidance and direction from line-manager.
• Commitment to Oxfam's overall aims and beliefs, including strong commitment to gender, diversity issues, equal opportunities and capacity building.
• Strong interpersonal and self-awareness skills.
• Ability and willingness to undertake extensive travel in the country.
• Well-developed conceptual, critical, analytical thinking and planning skills.
• Ability to take Initiative, drive to achieve results, ability to develop effective organizations.
• Understanding and experience of gender equity issues and their relevance to development work.
• Ability to work effectively with others, adaptive and flexible.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.