Member, County Executive Audit Committee
Jobs at:Nakuru County Government
Deadline of this Job:
03 March 2023
Date Posted: Friday, February 17, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities for the Audit Committee
• Evaluate whether processes are in place to address key roles and responsibilities in relation to risk management.
• Evaluate the adequacy of the control environment to provide reasonable assurance that the systems of internal control are of a high standard and functioning as intended.
• Perform an independent review of the financial statements to ensure the integrity and transparency of the financial reporting process.
• Monitor the effectiveness of the County Government’s performance information and compliance with the performance management framework and performance reporting requirements.
• Evaluate the quality of the internal audit function, particularly in the areas of planning, monitoring and reporting.
• Engage with external audit and assessing the adequacy of management response to issues identified by audit.
• Review the effectiveness of how the County Government monitors compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements and promotes a culture committed to lawful and ethical behavior.
Requirements for Appointment
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: - Accounting, Auditing, Risk Management, Finance, Economics, Procurement, Human Resource Management Procurement, Law or any other related field from a University recognized in Kenya.
• of a Master’s Degree in any of the above fields will be an added advantage.
• Professional qualifications relevant to their field and be a member in good standing of the relevant professional body e.g. ICPAK, IIA, IHRM, ICPSK, LSK, KISM.
• At least ten (10) years professional experience in any of the following fields: -
• Accounting, Auditing Risk Management, Finance, Economics, Procurement, Human Resource Management, Law or any other related field at senior management level in a busy, reputable public or private organization:
• Have a thorough understanding of the relevant legislations, best practices and emerging issues in Accounting, Auditing, Risk Management, Finance, Economics, Human Resource Management, Procurement, Law and other related fields;
• Have a good understanding of Government operations and financial management system.
• Be a person of integrity, demonstrated professional competence and strong interpersonal skills;
• A person shall not be qualified for appointment as a member of Audit Committee if the persons: -
• Is present or past employee of the County Government of Nakuru;
• Have served as an employee or an agent of a business organization which has carried out business with County Government of Nakuru for the last two years.
• Terms and Conditions of Service
• Members of the Audit Committee shall be appointed for a term of three years on part time basis and shall be eligible for re-appointment for a further one term only,
• Despite the provision in(i) above, after the expiry of every term at least one third of the committee shall retire and shall not be eligible for reappointment.
• The term is only extended after the performance of the Committee has been reviewed.
• Applicants should not be political office holders.
• Serve on part time basis.
• Be paid allowances at rates determined by the salaries and remuneration Commission.
• Persons interested in filling the above positions should submit their applications, accompanied with the following documents;
• Academic Certificates
• National ID or Passport and a copy of the CV.
• Candidates with foreign Degrees MUST obtain accreditation from the Commission of Higher Education.
• or before 3RD March, 2023 at 5:00PM
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Successful candidates shall provide the following clearances;
KRA Clearance Certificate
Compliance Certificate from High Education Loans Board (HELB)
Certificate of Good Conduct from the Department of CriminalInvestigation
Clearance Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRBApplications should be delivered in a sealed envelope clearly indicating the position applied for at the left side and addressed to;
The County Secretary
County Government of Nakuru
Government Road/Moi Road
P.O Box 2870-20100
Hand delivered to the Office of the County Secretary located at the County Headquarters opposite Kenya Power Offices
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
The County Government of Nakuru is an equal opportunity employer; women, persons with disabilities and other disadvantaged persons who meet the specified criteria are encouraged to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.