Vacancy title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Public Administration, and Government , Category: Management Officer ]
Jobs at: Maasai Mara Wildlife Conservancies Association (MMWCA)
Deadline of this Job:
30 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Develop mid-term and end-term evaluation terms of reference;
• Assist in developing key evaluation questions;
• Assist the Senior M&E Officer in designing, coordinating and conducting project evaluations;
• Support the dissemination of evaluation findings;
• Assist the Senior M&E officer in providing a management response to evaluation findings and recommendations; and
• Track the implementation status of evaluation recommendations.
Reporting and Documentation
• Assist the Senior M&E Officer in developing progress reports, including quarterly and annual reports; and
• Update and maintain the MMWCA M&E database.
• Assist the Chief Programmes Officer and Senior M&E Officer in the project planning and budgeting processes, ensuring alignment of annual work plans and budgets to project logical framework and performance plans;
• Assist MMWCA staff in reviewing project plans during the project planning processes; and
• Ensure quality of data/statistics in project plans.
Learning and Sharing
• Assist in developing project learning agenda and questions;
• Ensure identification, synthesis and documentation of emerging lessons and experiences from project activities to share knowledge within the project implementation team and implementing partners within the region and beyond;
• Support the Senior M&E Officer to conduct training in the application of M&E tools for MMWCA staff and partners;
• Support partners in improving learning and sharing mechanisms in their projects;
• Work collaboratively with other relevant programmes in the region, as identified by the project, to strengthen integration and cross-learning in programmes;
• Support implementing partners in designing and disseminating research studies by providing relevant input;
• Support project critical reflections and distil lessons learnt; and
• Assist in improving communication and information sharing between stakeholders working with MMWCA.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• A Bachelor’s degree in fields related to Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, Community Development or Project Management;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), database, spreadsheet and graphics presentations, including one or more of the following statistical applications such as SPSS or STATA;4
• At least three years of relevant experience in practical development and implementation of natural resource management and related result-based management-oriented monitoring system;
• Data-oriented personality with a keen eye for detail, data analysis and presentation;
• Experience working with local communities and diverse teams;
• Demonstrated experience in analysing, interpreting, and reporting on M&E results;
• Experience with multi-lateral donor-funded projects is an added advantage.
• Experience with field research and monitoring.
• Excellent people management and communication skills with the ability to network, develop and maintain strong relationships with field staff, conservancy members and our partners;
• Excellent and confident public speaking and presentation skills;
• Proficiency in Maa is desirable.
• Experience working with pastoralist communities and ability/willingness to work in a remote place – the job will be based at Aitong’ in the Maasai Mara.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Send an application to the Chief Executive Officer, Maasai Mara Wildlife Conservancies, to reach us by close of business on June 30, 2022, to email@example.com. A complete application will have the following:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.