National Organisation Financial Controller
Jobs at:Plan International
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, June 19 2023
Date Posted: Sunday, June 11 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• We are currently seeking a National Organisation Financial Controller to join our global finance team. As the Financial Controller you will play a key role in ensuring the financial reporting data from our National Organisations (NOs) is accurate and timely, and will play a role in strengthening the current data collection and analysis process, document monthly data flows from all NO’s (20 in total), build permanent files for each NO and create desk-top procedures for continuous improvement. The successful candidate will be the key contact for all National Organisations regarding their financial submissions, ensuring that all data is accurate, up-to-date, and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
Main responsibilities include:
• Ensures NO submissions are timely, based on the GH-issued reporting timetable, and meet required quality standards
• Understands each NO's local GAAP and the principal adjustments required to convert local GAAP reporting to IFRS
• Builds a strong relationship with NO Finance teams, such that unusual or significant transactions are identified on a timely basis, with sufficient time to resolve any accounting issues under IFRS
• Reviews IFRS adjustments proposed by NOs and supports NOs to prepare their reconciliations between local GAAP and IFRS as needed,
• Ensures the accuracy, completeness and consistent input of NOs fund monthly usage by donor source regarding income and expenses
• Professional accounting qualification (e.g., ACCA, CPA, CIMA)
• Strong and proven accounting ability with knowledge of corporate accounting under US GAAP and IFRS.
• Ability to create appropriate financial reports to investigate trends and variances
• Experience in group reporting, including consolidations, in a group finance function within medium to large-sized, complex multi-currency organization
• Strong knowledge of and experience in applying financial accounting controls.
• Knowledge and awareness of best practice financial policies and procedures.
• ERP systems experience, preferably SAP BPC
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Able to work calmly under pressure, prioritize and work to tight deadlines.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.