Nurse- Critical Care (Kisumu)
Jobs at:Avenue Healthcare
Deadline of this Job:
21 February 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To ensure one adheres to Avenue Healthcare’s defined policies, protocols, procedures, and standards while giving quality care.
DEPARTMENT: NURSING SERVICES
REPORTS TO: NURSE IN CHARGE .
• Ensure proper inventory of the available equipment daily and ensure that they are in good working condition.
• Read, understand and be conversant with all systems, policies and procedures as outlined in the Hospital Manual especially policies pertaining to provision of medical services i.e., Admission & discharge procedures, nurses’ reports, ward equipment and supplies, emergency protocols etc
• Record all sentinel incidents/events and report within 24 hours using the provided tools.
• Maintain and enforce infection control standards per the hospital manual and observe the infection control bundles (SSI, VAP, CAUTI and CLABSI) where applicable.
• Supervise patient attendants as per their job description.
• Ensure that all diagnostic requests (lab and radiology) have patient’s clinical information.
• Update doctors/consultants on patient’s progress and any critical values as soon as they are available.
• Adhere to Government and respective professional standards of care and treatment of patients as guided by the Nursing Council of Kenya
• Always maintain client confidentiality.
• Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Be a holder of Nursing Diploma and a Higher Diploma in Critical Care Nursing (KRCCN)
• A BsN in nursing will be an added advantage
• Updated BLS, ACLS certificate
• Minimum of 1-2years of relevant working experience in Critical Care Nursing.
• Confident and excellent communication and Presentation skills
• Critical thinking, Analytical and Decision-making skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and Decision-making skills.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role above, please email, or deliver your application, detailed CV with copies of relevant certificates to reach us by 21st February 2021 Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Avenue Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and gender equality.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.