Jobs at:Samuel Hall
Deadline of this Job:
16 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Tasks & Responsibilities
• Support the operational needs on all ongoing projects together with Area Coordinators (ACs).
• Maintain office supplies inventory, manage and update a list of pre-selected suppliers
• Maintain a professional, well stocked and functioning office space
• Implement and maintain a filing system for all administrative documents based on SH procedures
• Prepare contractor service agreements and actively participate in the preparation of support documents, for submission of bids and proposals
• Coordinate insurances for office premises and national staff.
• Supports supervision of support staff
• Maintain a database of stakeholders and service providers for the organisation and ensure they maintain quality and cost-effective services; evaluate their performance regularly
• Ensure that the organisation’s events and internal/ external meetings are well set up
• Supporting in audit process
• Ensures the organisation business certificates follow the government policies
• Ensure facilities, inventory, IT systems are all administratively compliant
• Coordinate travel and accommodation logistics for staff and consultants in the area of operations.
Human Resource Management
• Support the training of staff in company policies and procedures.
• Maintains all contractual, administrative, and legal requirements in the area of operations.
• Upholds induction processes (design, implementation, monitoring) for staff
• Advises on staffing changes and priorities
• Monitor and record all leaves and absences of staff.
• Process termination paperwork and assisting with exit interviews.
• Manage, create an update employee and consultants’ administrative files for all staff as well as orientation/induction of new employees and consultants i.e. (workstations, email setups, medical coverage etc).
• Schedule job interviews and assisting in the interview process, supporting background and reference checks for new staff are completed and saved both in manual and electronic files.
• Implement the security requirements of the global and country level CPPs
• Support in crisis management team
• Responsible in decreasing the security threat level with the approval of SMT and Middle Managers
Opportunities for Growth
• Working at Samuel Hall means that you are contributing to ground-breaking, innovative, and rigorous work that bridges research, implementation and policy. Most of our training happens on the job, but as part of our investment in learning and development, everyone is encouraged to apply for up to five days of paid professional development leave and financial resources to enable them to acquire new skills and knowledge.
• A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in administration, human resources or operations management
• A Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
• Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
• Experience with HRIS softwares
• Excellent spoken and written skills in English
• Strong coordination and communication skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Ability to be patient and to work well within a global team
• Ability to cope well under pressure, occasionally work irregular hours and meet tight deadlines in a fast pace organisation
• Demonstrated interest in humanitarian and development work
• Existing work authorisation in Kenya is required.
• Masters degree in relevant field
• Spoken and written skills in French
• Knowledge of institutional frameworks and policies
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applicants should download and fill the SH Job Application Form Please provide information of current/ previous and expected salary expectation, and availability to start in the form
Interested and qualified? Go to Samuel Hall on docs.google.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.