Officer, Accounting and Reporting
Jobs at:International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
Deadline of this Job:
05 October 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Duties And Responsibilities
Monthly Financial Reporting
Ensure timely preparation of monthly reports (within 3 working days):-
• Download financial data from Business Object (BO), and work on KPI reports sent by Geneva
• Manually input financial data into excel spreadsheet.
• Check, validate and compare information and take appropriate action to solve discrepancies.
• Inform Finance Analyst on action points and follow up if required (eg. Overdue pledge and outstanding Pledge based financial statement).
• Prepare monthly excel files on payroll coding, donor reporting and administration services invoice.
• Consolidate action points from Analyst for reporting during monthly meeting.
• Update payroll coding in My HR and maintain files for signed payroll coding request form.
• Assist in preparing ad-hoc reports and analysis when requested by Regional Finance and Administration Manager.
Month End Closing
Ensure timely month end closing as per the deadline (usually 14th of the month):-
• Update deadline table and assist Analyst with document checking when required.
• Clear all discrepancies and error on Exception Report prior to closing. Ensure clean month end balance sheet for Africa. (including inter-co clearance, bilateral matching & service income)
• Opening and Closure of period in CODA
• Administrative services invoice report and follow up on timely submission.
Validate the request from country prior to maintaining the APPLE system:-
• Review request to open a project
• Update and maintain accurate data on Appeal manager, Project manager and Pledge manager.
• Project code Closing & Freezing
• Monitor and follow up on extension of project time-frame for Emergency Appeal (EA)
• Monitor and keep track of Cash disbursement Memo and threshold including Segregation of Duties (SoD).
• Ensure system access for CODA and APPLE users are validated as per latest approved SoD.
• Ensure bank signatories in APPLE are valid names as per latest approved SoD.
Managing project management cycle
• Follow up on projects without appeal and operating budget.
• Ensure all KPIs are address and rectified including Expenditure above Budget/PEAR.
• Ensure timely closure of all appeals and projects.
• Prepare monthly reconciliation on C2 delegate provision and follow up with HR on pending invoice.
• Monitor and follow up on appeal or project closure which has pending accruals or provision to be cleared.
• Reconcile and clear all dormant balance sheet, projects and appeals
• Follow up on timely submission of quarterly retrospective expenditure approval.
Other Financial Task
When necessary to consolidate Africa office finance information for Geneva Finance:-
• Audit query & extract original documents for audit transactions.
• Request/Restore boxes from warehouse.
• Doubtful pledges, Financial Leases, Fixed Asset review, Bank account details
• Stationery request & any other task
• Provide adequate support to RFU team when required. This includes preparation for finance training & presentation. Keep up-to-date information on finance staff contact details in the region.
• Chartered Accountancy qualification. Required
• Documented skills in computer applications (spreadsheets, word processing, accounting applications, email and internet usage) . Required
• Minimum of three years professional experience in a relevant position. Required
• Excellent spoken and written English. Preferred
• Experience in Problem Resolution. Required
• Experience in Budget preparation and control. Required
Knowledge, Skills and Language
• Well developed interpersonal skills. Required
• Ability to work & communicate well within the team. Required
• Able to prioritize and meet deadlines. Required
• Able to complete job with minimum supervision and error. Required
• Excellent practical knowledge of computers. Required
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.