Officer, Credit Evaluation
Jobs at:HFC Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, July 08 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, July 01 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Give quality feedback to the business teams on the quality of applications and the areas of improvement.
• Support the business teams in serving their customers in a timely manner by giving prompt feedback.
• Give business reports on loans approved, sent back, and declined to help in decision-making.
• Supporting branches in packaging credit proposals to ensure clarity for faster approval and adoption.
• Provision of training and constant telephone and email engagements to maximize on TAT.
• Appraising borrower information to determine ability to service loan for purposes of adherence to the lending policy. This is to be done through various analysis templates depending on limits and nature of income of borrowers. (In i-apply). This includes but not limited to:
• Identify loan product requested by the customer and the requirements.
• Ensure the necessary KYC requirements have been adhered to, call backs on employment letters, statements etc. have been performed.
• Conduct thorough analysis of financial statements and assessment of credit requests, through preparing spreadsheets and models.
• Preparation of the Loan approval memo to the Lending Committee for approval and adoption or decline.
• Assess collateral adequacy.
• Review prevailing economic trends, and risk ratings, and applying the same in the appraisal process.
• Bring out policy exceptions and breaches, recommend adequate mitigants, and seek necessary approvals.
• Recommend, Approve, Refer or Decline requests for Credit Facilities in accordance with the Delegated Authority Mandate.
• Updating and production of reports for monitoring and control to meet the expected Turnaround Time.
• Monitoring branch loans and overdrafts performance to ensure minimum delinquency.
• Giving feedback on loan applications to facilitate decision making for purposes of adoption or decline.
• Preparing credit and debt management reports/returns. Create credit scoring models to predict risks.
• Ensure fulfillment of all sanction conditions and other covenants during annual review of facilities.
• Ensure compliance with all credit policy guidelines & CBK prudential guidelines.
• Follow through with credit transactions to the end.
• Training teams one on one to reduce on back and forth.
• Monitor turnaround time on requests.
• Supporting the RO/RMs to achieve set income targets (Interest income and non-interest income).
• Ensure the correct charges are applied to Credit Facilities.
• Manage office costs within reasonable levels.
• Cross sell bank products.
• Prioritize quick win products while adhering to laid down SLA’s.
Key Competencies and Skills
• Corporate Competence: Working knowledge of the Bank’s products, the Bank’s Credit policy and CBK Prudential Guidelines.
• Financial analysis Skills: Ability to analyze and/or interpret financial statements and advise accordingly.
• Analytical business and investment appraisal Skills: Keen to detail and able to conceptualize financial investment proposals and provide viable solutions.
• Technology Skills: Computer literate with proficiency in computerized financial analysis applications.
• Industry knowledge: Candid knowledge of the various sectors of the economy and the investment opportunities.
• Goal driven and results oriented enjoys being measured and judged by financial and other performance targets.
• Personal Ethics: Must be honest, fair and just with self and others, and demonstrate integrity in work and business contacts.
• Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
• Interpersonal Skills: Must be a people’s person, with ability to interact with key contacts in the finance sector.
• Proactive Initiator: Must be pro-active, a self-starter and have the ability to see, grasp and advise on opportunities.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
• University Degree in the following: Economics, Commerce, Business Administration.
• Credit Management, Accounting or Banking Qualification (AKIB)
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in banking and financial analysis 2, of which must be credit department or credit related area.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.