Officer, Finance (Partnerships)
Jobs at:Concern Worldwide
Deadline of this Job:
30 June 2022
Date Posted: Friday, June 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Main duties & Responsibilities:
Partner Financial Assessment
• Undertake partner assessments for potential Partnerships on a timely and comprehensive basis.
• Summarise the findings of potential partners’ assessment and make recommendation in terms of risk, capacity and training needs.
• Ensure risks and weaknesses are built-in monitoring and support plan.
• Undertake capacity building activities on finance related subjects according to the capacity building plans as well as other identified risks.
Partner budgets & Accounting
• Develop/ revise partner budgets according to funding requirements.
• Review partner’s financial reports (and supporting documentation) and ensure donor compliance, where applicable and give a feedback, and prepare variance analysis.
• Advise relevant programme manager on any significant variances and propose corrective measures.
• Review journals for correct headings, format and budget codes before uploading into the system on a timely basis.
• Prepare for disbursement of funds to partners in accordance with the contractual provisions.
Partner Monitoring & Compliance
• Carry out planned and ad hoc reviews/ audits of partners to support compliance and capacity building.
• Carry out Systems Review to ensure Partner’s internal financial policies and procedures are followed and internal controls are effective.
• Ensure assessments are updated as scheduled and risks are reflected in support to partners.
• Lean on any (internal or external) audits requested for partners’ accounts.
Communication and Reports
• Ensure continual communication with Programme staff on matters related with partners.
• Ensure partner reports and findings are shared with all relevant parties within Concern and the Partner.
• File all necessary documentation.
• Maintain good relationship and communication with all partners.
Responding to Emergencies:
• Participating and contributing towards Concern’s emergency response, as and when necessary.
• Complying with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies.
Concern Code of Conduct and Associated Policies:
• Adhering to the standards of conduct outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies.
• Supporting and promoting the standards outlined in the Code of Conduct & Associated Policies to the team, partner organizations and beneficiaries, and being committed to providing a safe working environment.
In line with Concern’s commitments under the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS):
• Actively promote meaningful community participation and consultation at all stages of the project cycle (planning, implementation, M&E);
• Work with relevant colleagues to ensure that the Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) is functional and accessible, that feedback and complaints are welcomed and addressed;
• Work with relevant colleagues to ensure that information about CRM, safeguarding and expected staff behavior is disseminated among programme participants and communities.
• Ensuring the non-disclosure of any information acquired in the course of duty, relating to the practices and business of Concern Worldwide, to any other person or Organization except in normal execution of the above duties.
• Ensuring strict guardianship and security of financial data and documents at all times, including secure storage, accurate & complete filing and limiting access to the finance office to authorized personnel only.
• Ensuring strict adherence to Concern Kenya Financial Procedures and Fraud Policy and remaining within the boundaries of these policies at all times.
Education, Qualifications & Experience Required
• A degree in Commerce, Finance, Accounting or related field
• CPA (K) or ACCA professional certification
• At least Three (3) years’ experience of finance in an international NGO, out of which more than one year of managing finances of NGOs partners
• Computer literate with good MS Office skills
• Audit and Training skills
Skills and behaviours
• Day to day activities decision making
• Organized / meet deadlines
• Fluent in both spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
• Demonstrate Leadership qualities.
• Problem solving skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a detailed CV with three referees and Cover Letter Only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email as "Officer , Finance (Partnerships) ’’ on or before Thursday, 16th June 2022 ". Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.