Jobs at:Bridge International
Deadline of this Job:
26 October 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
What You Will Do
• Ensure revenue is captured accurately by the finance shared services team and adheres to IFRS and Bridge reporting standards.
• Subject matter expert; ensure resolution of accounting issues raised by shared services team on a timely basis.
• Drive financial period closing, preparation of monthly financial statements, reconciliations, reports and management notes with the Finance Shared Service.
• Preparation of quarterly unit profit and loss account and management notes.
• Preparation of Finance weekly dashboard and updating budget & other finance trackers.
• Work with the legal team and ensure that academy leases are renewed on time and data shared with the shared services team.
• Uploading fees payment in pupils accounts, correcting any anomalies daily.
• Resolution of pupils’ accounts issues on a timely basis and recommending improvements to avoid recurrence.
• Responsible for maintaining and reporting on all academy repairs, actual spend vs budget.
• Coordinate stock taking on a quarterly basis and reconciliation between actual inventory held and the Inventory ledger, investigating any variances and recommending action.
• Compiling Fixed assets listing for Insurance purposes, ensuring that additions and deletions are done on time, communicated to the sourcing team..
• Filing of VAT & WHT returns on a monthly basis and ensures payments are made on time as per statutory requirements.
• Ensure timely payment of payroll statutory and other deductions, for example PAYE, NSSF NHIF, Sacco etc. and filing of returns where required by Finance Shared Service.
• Assist Finance Director in managing statutory audit by ensuring that schedules are prepared on time, audit queries resolved timely in order to mitigate audit overruns.
• Assist the finance director in preparation and compilation of the East Africa operating budget.
• Other duties as assigned.
What You Should Have
• A degree in accounting Finance, Economics or a related field
• CPA K with an excellent academic record.
• At least 5 years’ relevant work experience in corporate finance/accounting; performing highly rigorous, complex financial analysis.
• Good understanding of local tax requirements.
• Experience in managing a team.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics (Navision).
• Excellent skills in Microsoft office, an expert in Microsoft Excel a MUST.
• Experience working closely with a company to build financial and operating models at a deep level, particularly on a multi-country level.
• Experience in preparation of management reports, notes and presentation.
• Ability to relate well with both internal and external customers and work in teams.
• Highly innovative, with excellent analytical skills and ability to meet strict deadlines.
• High integrity, IT literacy.
• Ability to plan, manage own workload in order to meet tight deadlines
• Proactive and self-motivated with excellent communication skills.
• Confident and flexible team player with great ability to work closely with non-finance team members within a multicultural environment
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.