Jobs at:International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
Deadline of this Job:
08 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This Position Will Focus On
• Achieving transparent, coordinated and effective implementation of sound financial management of the country office and projects in line with DRC's commitment to donors and programme documents, budgets and plan of action.
• Improving the technical quality of the programmes financial management
• Timely and quality financial reporting to the CM and IFM
Job Duties And Responsibilities
Financial Management and Administration of Programmes, Country Office & Delegates
• Coordinate and assist Country Office / SRCS in preparing annual and quarterly programme budgets and financial reports to the donors and ensure that the donor specific guidelines are adhered to.
• Coordinate with DRC International Controller and Advisor at DRC HQ, the creation of country-level grants and projects within the DRC accounting system.
• Control and monitoring of programme budgets and expenditures and ensure compliance with donor and DRC requirements.
• Provide input to the financial overviews of the country projects and programme portfolio and follow up on grants allocated to the country.
• Process the payment of cash requests from National Societies and Country Office in the DRC payment system.
• Under the supervision of the IFM, coordinate with SRCS the yearly financial and performance audits and unannounced cash counting for programmes in the country, including tender process for local auditors, instruct these and ensure that guidelines are followed.
• Advise SRCS on their financial and administrative systems and procedures including on corruption, fraud or misuse of funds.
• Support and facilitate, in close coordination with the DRC Region / Country Team, SRCS, DRC HQ and partners, the compliant completion/closure of projects and programmes
• Data processing into the Kompas system for the reports received from SRCS.
• Identify capacity development needs and subsequently suggest, design and assist the DRC Country Team in building the financial management capacity of the National Society, where applicable.
• Prepare the quarterly Consolidated Financial Program Reports.
• Ensure monthly reporting of Country Office Accounts, including reconciliations.
• Prepare and / or provide input to financial overviews to IFM / Country Manager (CM).
• Maintain financial records/documentation and an appropriate and efficient financial filing system according to DRC filing guidelines.
• Processing DRC Country Office payments and work flow (internal) invoices.
• Plan and organise annual audits of Country Office Accounts in coordination with the IFM
• Support to Delegates on financial administration procedures and matters
• Ensure that Country Office and Delegates apply DRC administrative procedures and policies.
• Ensure compliance with DRC financial management and administration procedures (SOPs).
• Monitor and report on any suspicions of corruption, fraud or misuse of funds to CM, IFM and/or to email@example.com
• Perform any other task assigned by the IFM and/or CM.
• University degree in relevant area (Finance, Economics etc.). Required
• Basic Delegates Training Course or IMPACT. FACT, ERU, RDRT training. Preferred
• Relevant experience of minimum 3 years in finance management. Required
• Experience in preparing budgets, cash flow statements, financial plans and financial reporting. Required
• Full proficiency in Microsoft Office and advanced proficiency in excel is a prerequisite. Required
Knowledge, Skills and Languages
• Excellent communication, planning, facilitation and coordination skills.
• Excellent Analytical Skills.
• Good cultural understanding and the ability to build confidence of partners in a challenging multicultural environment.
• Dynamic and proactive.
• Accuracy and keen attention to detail.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.