Jobs at:Carolina for Kibera
Deadline of this Job:
10 February 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Carolina for Kibera exists to develop local leaders, catalyze positive change, and alleviate poverty in the informal settlement of Kibera in Nairobi, Kenya. We also combine service with responsible research to inform and assist participatory development in Kibera and other informal settlements globally. By maintaining a participatory focus, continuing to invest in youth, and forming key partnerships, the future is full of possibility and growth for CFK.
Department: The operations department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in daily administration, logistics, procurement, asset management and IT for all field offices
Responsible to: Head of Operations
Responsible for: Operations Assistant, Ambulance Operators, Drivers, Procurement Intern
Employment Type: Contractor .
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Plan, develop and manage all procurement and contractual aspects related to procurement of diverse products and services with significant complexity for all Programs at CFK.
• Develop operations systems by determining handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for receiving supplies and equipment, utilization and inventory management.
• Prepare/oversee preparation and distribution of invitations to tender and manage/conduct all aspects of bid/proposal evaluations.
• Identify new technologies, and products/services, evaluates and recommend potential supply sources and participate in the incorporation of research results into the procurement plan.
• Oversee adherence to contractual agreements, recommend amendments and extensions of contracts, and advise concerned parties on contractual rights and obligations.
• Ensure that the procurement department supports the programs efficiently in compliance with laid down policies and procedures.
• Forecast for procurement requests on a monthly basis and submit to the Head of Operations.
• Record and code all new assets and keep an updated and complete asset register.
• Schedule and conduct quarterly physical count of assets in field offices.
• Generate monthly asset and inventory reports where all assets are located.
• Document all lost, damaged, sold, stolen and disposed off or other as per the policy.
• Assist in providing end of project reports on inventory and equipment lists, locations and status.
• Ensure that all vehicles are safe and road-worthy.
• Issue vehicle log-sheets to drivers, compile and submit monthly usage reports.
• Oversee fuel consumption, purchase and tracking including coordination with fuel station(s)
• Organize regular service schedules for vehicles and maintain service schedule files.
• Ensure security measures for vehicles such as parking, storage of keys, emergency supplies etc.
• Ensure that all vehicle related incident reports are completed and filed.
• Ensure adherence to CFK’s administrative and logistics procedures and staff policies by all staff.
• Allocation of CFK owned mobile phones and Internet modems including timely settlement of bills.
• Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access and ensure safety and security standards are in place in all CFK premises.
• Professionalism: Knowledge of nationally recognized procurement standards and of all phases of national procurement techniques and operations used in contracting for a diverse range of goods and services.
• Planning and organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments and ensures timely completion of work.
• Client oriented: Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect as well as identifying and matching clients' needs.
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
• A Bachelors degree in operations management, business administration, supply chain, project management or an equivalent field.
• Professional certification/membership (KISM, CIPS) or equivalent is desirable.
• A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in operations, contract management and administration or logistics and supply chain management or related area is required.
• Experience in the use of procurement information systems such as SAP is desirable.
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.