Jobs at:Twiga Foods
Deadline of this Job:
25 July 2022
Date Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Twiga Foods is looking for suitable candidates to fill the position of a Payables Accountant. The role holder will be accountable for organizing payables transactions within the business in a manner that facilitates efficient, timely and accurate measurement, classification, recording, and payment processing for purpose of meeting all company payment obligations.
The role holder will be accountable for ensuring accurate and timely payments of all company obligations to suppliers, farmers, agents/brokers, debt partners, government and compliance bodies, Kenya Revenue Authority, and staff as per the set-out service levels, credit terms / limits and statutory deadlines and as well to manage the relationships with our business creditors.
Execution of procure-to-pay process:
• On a continuous basis ensure that all supplier invoices and credit notes have been posted into appropriate supplier ledgers, general ledger accounts and against correct cost centres.
• Perform accounts payables reconciliation against supplier statements, highlighting any reconciling items for follow up and resolution.
• Ensure strict adherence to the organization’s Delegation of Authority matrix.
• Monitoring expense postings against budget, analysis and escalating any variance for approval before payments are made.
• Executing payments according to the set schedule and in alignment to monthly cash forecast.
• Responsible for proper capture and accounting for relevant input taxes (i.e., VAT, Withholding VAT, Withholding Tax, PAYE, Reverse VAT, Customs & Excise duties etc.)
• Responsible for preparation of VAT /Withholding Tax Returns in a timely and accurate manner (including all other relevant compulsory statutory payments e.g., NSSF, NHIF etc.) as per the required timelines.
• Responsible for VAT-to-Purchases Ledger reconciliations and addressing any variances on ITAX.
• Reporting: Providing assigned reports and audit scheduled to support the monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting process with specific emphasis on the accruals & prepayments schedules, VAT-to-Purchases Ledger reconciliations and Accounts Payables reconciliations and ageing reports.
• Responsible for variance analysis for Indirect spend/Operating Expenditure (OPEX).
Stakeholder Relations Management:
Maintain continuous communication with internal and external stakeholder with prompt turn-around to queries regarding payments.
Uphold controls over source and payment documents and overseeing the safe and orderly archiving of all payment and payment related documents for the time required to meet audit, legal and tax queries.
• Participate in the physical stock taking exercise in conjunction with the wider accounting team weekly /monthly.
• Participate in the business wide Fixed Asset verification exercise on a quarterly basis.
• Participate in interim and final statutory audit, tax audits and any other assessments the business may be engaged in.
Minimum Qualifications And Experience
• Have at least 4 years working experience in a busy accounting environment (with considerable exposure to high volume of payables accounting).
• Have prior experience working with an ERP/Substantial accounting software.
• Have a university degree in Business, Economics, or relevant field.
• Be a qualified Accountant (CPA-K), ACCA or CIPS equivalent.
• Have a good working knowledge of MS Excel skills and a strong ability in using other MS Office applications.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.