People & Culture Business Partner - East Africa Regional Officer
Jobs at: World Vision Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
08 August 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The People & Culture Business Partner plays a crucial role in the execution of the HR Transformation Strategy. Partnering with Client Business Leaders in support of strategic business objectives, the BP advises and coaches managers and employees in all elements of employee life cycle. The BP works collaboratively with P&C Centres of Expertise, the Operational Effectiveness unit and the P&C Executive office to deliver integrated HR solutions, including workforce planning, performance management, talent transformation, management and staff development, digitalisation, and all issues related to the rhythm of the P&C business.
The position also provides technical advice to staff on various human resources services including HR policies and procedures, compensation, benefits, employee relations, performance management, recruiting, and staff development
P&C policies, procedures and guidelines – 25%
• Develop, review and update EARO P&C policies, procedures and guidelines in compliance with the WV International policy standards and local labour laws
• Provide technical expertise/ advice to line managers and staff on human resource processes and organizational policies and practices
• GC Business Partners contact person, providing technical advice on local laws, policies and procedures.
P & C Planning & Reporting – 20%
• Manage the day to day P & C unit operations in EARO and ensure smooth running efficient delivery of services.
• Prepare an annual business plan and budget for the unit and monitor its execution through the P&C Team.
• Provide monthly and quarterly progress report to Regional P & C Director based on the progress of the business objectives.
• Provide bi-annual, quarterly and annual reports on staff demographics, P & C score cards and workforce planning
Staff welfare & engagement – 15%
• Identify and roll-out of staff well-being initiatives including SALTI
• In liaison with Finance and Administration department, ensure Occupational Health and Safety (OSHA) guidelines are adhered to
• Participate as a member of Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
• Coordinate critical incident debriefing for staff that have undergone stress and/or trauma in order to facilitate the management of staff welfare within the organization
• Manage International Assignee benefits on matters relating to CIGNA; SOS and other international staff processes
• Share results of our voice survey for EARO and execute actions from recommendations made
Recruitment – 10%
• In charge of staff recruitment and selection process and ensure that all procedures are completed as per policy and standards including hay grading.
Staff contract management 10%
• Ensure staff have up to date contracts maintained in the department including National Directors.
• Personnel Action Form Administration for international staff and National Directors
Performance Management 10%
• Coordinate performance management cycle for EARO staff; performance objective setting, mid-year reviews, annual reviews and reporting
• Calculate and implement merit increase
• Follow up performance improvement plan with line managers
• Develop and implement Annual learning and development plans updating line managers for their proper follow up.
• Provide technical guidance on performance management
• Ensure staff adhere to the staff development policy
Compensation and Benefits 5%
• Analyze salary and grade levels of national staff and make appropriate recommendations to ensure a competitive market position and champion the roll-out of new benefit schemes
• Approve payroll inputs for national and temporary payroll for Finance processing
• Review International Assignees payroll and address staff queries on the same
• Oversee transition of staff during the exit process and payment of terminal dues
• Carry out any other work assigned by the supervisor 5%
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
• Minimum University degree in Human Resource Management or related course from a recognized University
• Excellent computer skills and good understanding and experience in Human Resource Information Systems.
• Must be conversant with the local and international labor legislations
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams
• Strong analytical and negotiation skills
• Strong communications and inter-personal skills
• Understanding of business needs and drivers and ability to deliver value added solutions
• Ability to network with stakeholders i.e. FKE, IAWG etc.
License, registration, or certification required to perform this position:
• Must be a member of a recognized human resources professional body
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.