People and Culture Manager
Jobs at:Boma Project
Deadline of this Job:
20 October 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, October 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
People and Culture Manager
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• HR Policies - Support in development and implementation of HR policies and procedures, periodic review of policies and recommend new policies, approaches, and procedures. Provide guidance on organization policies to line management and other employees, so as to ensure that employment conflict is effectively managed.
• Recruitment - Responsible for recruitment, Job description creation, workforce planning and maintain adequate staffing in accordance with approved establishment under LIFT Project.
• Onboarding -Responsible for onboarding process and provide recommendations on improving new joiners experience working closely with the People & Culture Director. HR Administration -Oversee staff records management, ensure annual leave planners are adhered, conduct off-boarding process for staff and ensure exit interview responses are analyzed and recommendations provided on how to improve retention of staff.
• Compensation And Benefits - Preparation and timely submission of monthly payroll schedules, employee benefits programs, including medical insurance & other staff perks
• Performance Management - implement the performance management process and provide recommendations on how to continuously improve the process.
• Learning And Development - Support in identifying training needs of staff in LIFT Project and provide recommendations while ensuring accurate records are maintained. Employee Relations & Welfare Issues - Handle staffing issues, such as mediating disputes, handling grievances and directing disciplinary procedures as guided for certain cadre of staff. Staff welfare - Coordination of Staff Welfare issues across LIFT Project staff.
• Employee Engagement/Culture - Support the People & Culture Director in conducting annual staff engagement surveys, follow up on actions on issues raised and partner with relevant stakeholders to implement strategies for employee engagement and retention.
• HR Planning, Technical Support & Compliance - Development of People Department goals, objectives, and operational plans while ensuring legal compliance Support in HR audit and ensure recommendations raised are addressed.
• Financial Management -Support to prepare, monitor, control and manage Human Resource annual budget working closely with the People & Culture Director
• HRIS/Technology - Support implementation of HRMIS and ensure continuous audit is done and advance use of technology in HR functions to support programmatic and fiscal needs
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business with a focus on Human Resources, Business Management or Business-Related Course
• Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resources or CHRP will be an added advantage
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
• At least Six (6) Years progressive HR Generalist Experience
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.