Pharmaceutical Technologist, Outreach Clinic Kenol
Jobs at:Aga Khan University Hospital
Deadline of this Job:
14 March 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Kenol Kenya. The position holder will be responsible for providing effective and efficient pharmacy services to ensure departmental and institutional inventory, quality and customer service goals are met.
• Receive, verify prescriptions and dispense drugs in a timely manner within approved standards and procedures.
• Contact the physician immediately for inaccuracy and illegibility in a prescription order, document errors and communicate them to the nursing and pharmacy staff
• Verify expiry dates of drugs prior to dispensing medication to patients/customers.
• Check that every label placed on the medications contains the correct patient name, drug, quantity and directions.
• Compound extemporaneous preparations and mix certain intravenous medications as per laid down procedures.
• Counsel patients on drug administration and use of devices for optimum wellness and recovery.
• Receive, return and update drug credits on the system in a timely manner.
• Deliver drug discharges to patients in the ward where applicable
• Communicate out of stock and non-stock effectively and timely to prescriber and nurse and provide alternative choice or make arrangements to order promptly.
• Comply and observe the environmental health and safety measures and regulations by proper handling, storage and dispensation of medications
• Record, monitor and update the expiry list of medications in timely manner.
• Complete documentation of Interventions, Medication errors and Near Miss, Adverse events, Medication queries, Patient complaints or any other incidents and forward to relevant office
• Perform random medication checks daily and Monitor variance levels in your respective satellites.
• Compile daily satellite reports.
• Carry out regular satellite stock-take exercise.
• Report any special indicators allocated.
• Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized institution
• Registered with The Kenya Pharmaceutical Association
• Practicing License from the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
• 2 year working experience in a busy facility, preferably a hospital
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Click Here to Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.