Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (PMEAL) Officer
Jobs at:Johanniter International
Deadline of this Job:
26 August 2022
Date Posted: Friday, August 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Overall job purpose:
The PMEAL Officer will work as part of Johanniter Kenya national team reporting to the Programme manager. Based in Kakuma, Turkana County, the incumbent will lead the design of tailor made tools and will support partners in the monitoring, evaluation and learning plans for Johanniter projects in the key sectors of Nutrition, Health, WASH and Livelihoods/food security. The PMEAL Officer will work closely with the Johanniter Programme Manager and the partners’ programme/M&E staff in designing and implementing M&E plans for their specific projects.
Strategy and Vision:
• Actively supports the values of Johanniter International Assistance in Kenya.
• Contributes to the development and implementation of the global strategy of Johanniter International Assistance
Accountability and Monitoring Systems Development:
• Overall responsible for the implementation of the Johanniter Monitoring and Evaluation plans in Kenya.
• Leads in proposal development and programme design, indicator definitions, theory
• of change and log frame design.
• Develops and/or updates MEAL tools, databases and reporting formats in close collaboration with the project /partner teams and program manager.
• Develops real-time data management and Key Progress Indicator (KPI) systems for the running pro- jects to inform rapid decision making.
• Produces monitoring and accountability checklists monthly for all projects in Kenya
• Conducts quarterly joint field process monitoring for projects in Isiolo, Embu and Limuru
• Supports Johanniter and the partner staff in data collection and analysis including using advanced mobile data collection and analysis systems.
• Conducts periodic data audits and analyses to ensure high-quality data.
• Produces beneficiary counts; i.e. a monthly, quarterly and annual gender & age disaggregated overview per grant per partner.
• Contributes to the rollout of Johanniter’s global strategic initiatives related to measurement & accountability, and enables reporting against Johanniter’s global standards and requirements.
• Monitors overall project implementation of Johanniter’s partners and provides feedback to the Programme Manager on a regular basis.
Assessment, Learning and Documentation:
• Leads the project team in all other aspects of MEAL, for example, surveys, baselines, evaluations, joint project monitoring and reviews / lessons learning workshops/events.
• Ensures relevant, timely, and quality project support to the partners on assessments & evaluations;
i.e. supports in developing the survey tools, data analysis and report writing.
• Attends and participates in relevant meetings with Johanniter and Partner projects teams on project monitoring and learning i.e. updates on projects progress on achievements & challenges for actions and reactions.
• Contributes to organizational learning documentation and dissemination of key findings stemming from monitoring, assessment, and other analyses of project learning activities.
• Tracks and ensures organized, comprehensive electronic filing of documented reports, baselines, evaluations and assessments.
• Collects and files success stories, case studies, and project pictures from all the partner projects quarterly and file them accordingly.
• Facilitates and participates in information sharing among Johanniter staff, partners & donors.
• Participates in relevant field-level coordination meetings, forums and networking with other local NGOs, Johanniter partners, INGOs, UN agencies and donors.
• Responsible for taking relevant meeting minutes by and with Johanniter staff, partners and donors and share/file them accordingly.
• Compiles periodic reports with relevant indicator data per grant, showing targets versus actuals and action plans and share with the projects teams/managers.
• Supports Johanniter and partner staff on data management and storage.
• Facilitates capacity building for Johanniter and partner staff on skills/knowledge related to Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning, including; designing monitoring tools, analyzing /monitoring data, conducting assessment/evaluation, and implementing feedback mechanisms.
• Participates in the assessments of new Johanniter partners.
• Undertakes regular visits to other Johanniter field locations, to support monitoring and evaluation processes and contribute to the development and roll-out of accountability processes. i.e. provide training, mentorship, technical assistance, while ensuring that accountability and learning tools and strategies are under- stood and implemented effectively.
• Represent Johanniter in relevant forums and networks in Turkana County.
• Assist the country office team in translating guidelines and templates
• Support the Country Office in all other tasks.
• Bachelor’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Development or Social studies, or related field from an accredited academic institution.
• 5+ years work experience in Humanitarian or development organizations and working with local national partners.
• 3+ years working in a PMEAL position
• Practical experience in capacity building of local implementing partners capacity in PMEAL.
• Practical experience working in humanitarian context in Arid and Semi-Arid Counties of Kenya.
• Practical experience in conducting data collection exercises (Qualitative and Quantitative) i.e. Possess knowledge and skill in research methodology and use of digital data collection tools.
• Proficiency in Microsoft suite Excel, SPSS, STATA, KOBO, ODK, NVIVO or any other analytical software.
• Demonstrated experience and skills in project reporting, knowledge management & learning process.
• Knowledge of humanitarian standards and codes, including SPHERE, is preferred.
• Knowledge of local languages in the Johanniter International Assistance project sites is desirable.
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing and coaching
• Fluency in English. Knowledge of other local languages in Johanniter project sites is an asset
• Excellent analytical skills
• Very high level of written English and ability to write quality reports
• Detail oriented
• Strong organizational skills are required
• Willingness to travel regularly to other Johanniter Kenya project sites i.e. Isiolo, Mandera, Kiambu, Embu and Nairobi.
• Ability to meet deadlines/perform duties on time.
• Ability to work under pressure, making decisions in urgent situations with high problem-solving skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications for this position (including a cover letter, up to date CV, reference contacts (referees MUST be your current or previous line managers), certificates of service from your previous employers if available, and certificate of good conduct from DCI) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org until 24th August 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.